Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couldn't think of a better title.

I slacked off originally for a little bit, but am back at it yet again!

·
Registered
917 Posts
Still running 3 miles every few days, and still staying out of the gym for now. I'll probably go next week to do some very light upper body and mostly work my core and lower body. I probably won't do anything too heavy on the upper body until next year.

I want to do some HIIT on the spin-class type cycle. I've never really done a program like that.

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I missed my workout this morning, so I'm gonna tough it up and go this afternoon.

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
I was exactly going to post up naughty November. :D

Working out just did not happen on vacation. But I am okay with that I think taking a break is absolutly okay.

I have dance class tonight and four or five clients tomorrow which means a lot less time to workout but this will allow me to ease back into it I think.

My biggest achievement would be succeeding in showing up to the reunion without spanx on and still looking hot. Mission fucking accomplished.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Working out just did not happen on vacation. But I am okay with that I think taking a break is absolutly okay.
I've read that taking a week off from vigorous exercise, or at least a week off, is actually beneficial. But that's when it's done sparingly, like several moths apart (one article said 8 weeks on, one off).

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It seems to make sense, gives your body time to fully adapt to its new shape and such.

Glad you liked the name, Jo :p

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
I've read that taking a week off from vigorous exercise, or at least a week off, is actually beneficial. But that's when it's done sparingly, like several moths apart (one article said 8 weeks on, one off).
I have read up to two weeks off in the course of a year is acceptable. Given the injuries I have been rehabilitating it definitely seemed like an acceptable thing. I wouldn't sign up for it but I didn't think it would kill me lol

It seems to make sense, gives your body time to fully adapt to its new shape and such.

Glad you liked the name, Jo :p
Lol not really a new shape... I haven't changed tremendously I think the diet has.done more for me but mostly its attitude I think. I just fucking FEEL fantastic.... And that means a lot hut it was nice to say fuck wearing restrictive under things... This is the body I worked for and I will rock it out. Seemed like a successful night so yeah. By next week I will be back on the band wagon and up to full steam ahead. :)

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haha, well just because it doesn't look new shape doesn't mean it isn't in better shape :p Yeah, the diet is great, any day that I break it (like today) I just feel superbly groggy all day long. I need to stick better to it. You rock it! I can't wait until next summer and hopefully be able to show mine off haha.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Had incipient achilles heel tendonitis for a while and right foot pain for a while. Rest and reduced frequency running helped, better warmups have prevented recurrence so far. Been back on program this week for the 1st time in months, thankfully I don't seem to have lost much since the summer. Still having probs getting all the way up the hills OTOH my breath is coming back faster and my legs don't feel wasted afterwards... so some progress...

Tell you what though- I lowsided last month (~25mph)- grounded the right givi case and washed out. Only me involved, rode home (love the nerf bars I mounted to the Bandit- saved my right engine case). Hyperextended my left knee a bit, shoulder right shoulder sprain... ATGATT so the pavement only wore holes in the overpants. Knee felt better after 2 days, took much longer for the shoulder... I'm thinking the exercise over the last year or so really helped the knee- guess I need to diversify and add some upper body work.

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
being fit I'm sure really helped out in the rebound aspect. People who are heavier and unfit tend to not deal well with falling and going boom.

Glad to hear you are okay and on your way back to the gym!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts