Sport Bikes banner

National Ride to Work Day

923 views 22 replies 20 participants last post by  yellowsv1 
#1 ·
Don't forget Wednesday, July 20 is Ride to Work Day.

Enjoy the ride, watch for cages!

#2 ·
I thought everyday was ride to work day.

#10 ·
Since I'm currently enjoying some **ahem** time off work (3 1/2 months and counting) I ride everyday. :egrin

But since it's ride to work (what's that? :eek:nfloor ) day I'll make sure and hit up a bikenight or two on Wednesday.

#15 ·
darkfal25 said:
So who or what started this national "ride to work day", or is it just random?
Info about it here:
http://www.ridetowork.org/

In the winter I ride to work everyday that I can. During the summer it depends on whether I am going to the gym in my work facility or not. If I am I can take a shower before working, if not I would be too sweaty. South Florida Humidity sucks.

#16 ·
04Kanotuna said:
Then it feels like a hairdryer! :eek:nfloor
I hear ya! Anything above 98 degrees and there is no wind that will cool you down! ..it's suppose to be 100 on Wednesday.. I'll still ride in but going home is going to suck.

They make a goalie chestpad that has a cooling system on it (for hockey).. I wonder if they can do that for a motorcycle jacket and helmet?

#21 ·
Got_1 said:
sorry guys this will be the first i miss in bout 5 years. this is my excuse
no excuse... you call yourself a rider... boooooo :) it's smart on your part though... hope your city is not too affected...

#22 ·
Yet another that rides to work everyday. Though I don't have a choice, I'm currently in between cars(it's been a year since I've owned one). Fl does kinda suck for riding everyday, but at least I don't have to deal with any snow in the winter! I need to get me one of those Sahara vests, I hear they work pretty well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.