Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you haven't heard of it, you might just miss out. Last year it was in ATL at the convention center and was blast. Many people showed up (70k+) and we were up all hours of the night watching stunts, burnouts, bike games, models, and just havin' a good time. If you have never heard of it, the roundup moves yearly, this year, it is in Rockingham, NC.

The National Bikers Roundup is the largest minority owned and operated motorcycle camping rally and has been in existence for 27 years. It originated in Kansas City, Missouri in 1977 with less than 50 attendees. Each year the Roundup is held in a different state and reverts back to its native Kansas City every ten (10) years. Over the years, the Roundup has grown from its humble beginnings to attract an estimated 40,000 to 60,000 attendees during the weeklong event. Harley Davidson is one of our Premier Supporters and brings their Demo Fleet with 52 Bikes and 45 employees. The Roundup is held the first full weekend of August each year and for 2005 the dates are August 2nd through August 7th in Rockingham, North Carolina.

Roundup attendees are a multicultural group of Motorcycle Riders (male & female) from all walks of life. They travel to the Roundup each year from all over the US and abroad. They are typically a friendly and mature group with the goal of seeing old friends meeting new ones; power shopping and having a good time. The event is family oriented and planned entertainment and concessions are geared towards all age groups and genders.

Don't worry about the whole minority thing, all are welcome, if you have family(kids or whatever), there are all types of things for them to do. Think about it and come out to Rockingham to ckeck it all out. 10 bucks lets you in for the whole week. Lots of people, food, attractions, and just worth the trip.

For such a big yearly event, the site could be better but.....
http://www.nationalbikersroundup.com/welcome_new.htm

·
Crunnnnnnnnnnnnchy
3,067 Posts
Yeah if its in Rockingham, count me in.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yep it's will be there in Rockingham(should have been Charlotte) but yea. Drag racing all night, campers all over and will be a blast. Spread the word, invite some of your friends, great time for all

·
Registered
355 Posts
count me in mang! :beer

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
The link in the first post says it starts August 2nd, but Rockingham Dragways says July 30...Likely will be July 30.

Anyway, this date is coming up soon, and I WILL be there. Unsure if I'll camp or not (since it's only about 1 hour from me). I'll likely go friday evening, and possibly saturday as well.

Who's going?

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I will be there from the 5th-7th. School is starting early(3rd). About 5 of us are gonna ride up there, and we are staying in some hotel about 25 minutes away form the dragstrip, can't remember the name right now.

Have any of you seen the booklet for it?

Ricky Gadson is going to be there, that guy who races for the ARMY, and some other big racers. Some stuntcrews are showing up. I am just glad it's so close to home.

·
Registered
791 Posts
i dont get it, is it a "weekend event" or a WEEK event.

Whom ever starts the roll call can add me. I doubt ill stay overnight but who knows. remember to bring some can goods.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's week long.

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
It's July 30th, through August 8th. After looking at the calendar, it'll prolly be August 5th and 6th when I go, so I/we can meet up with Ca$h and his crew.

Will start a roll call when the date gets closer.

·
Registered
262 Posts
counts me in!! I'm entering the biggest guy on smallest bike competition and the ugliest bike with loudest pipe contest. Maybe even the wet t-shirt contest. Oh haaay!

·
Registered
279 Posts
I know about 10 other guys going also. We should all meet up and roll out together. I'll touch base with them to see if we can get this coordinated. I would like to stay the week but all the local rooms are gone already and this fellow doesn't do camping :) . It's only 2 hours away for me any how. So, it'll be a good ride.

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
You don't camp? PUSSY!!! j/k

Stay in Sanford (45 minutes away) or Southern Pines (25 minutes away) if you want to stay for the week. I'd bet a paycheck Sanford isn't going to be full, and would bet half a paycheck Southern Pines isn't either.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts