Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Roll call for the above. Event is held at Rockingham Dragway and this will likely be the biggest event of the year in NC.

It'd be nice to have a nice group all ride up there.

The date I will FOR SURE be there is August 6th....this is the date I'd like to get a big group ride together to go. If you have work, take a vacation day. If you already have other plans, cancell them. RIDE WITH US!

Ca$h is going to be there on this day (as well as a few other days), and I think there will be a few other out of state SBN members showing up then as well.

We will meet in Sanford (you have to ride through here from Raleigh to get there anyway) at 10:00 am sharp. I'll post where later in this thread.

For more info about this event, see the other sticky in this sub-forum.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Yea I will be there late Friday night(5th) untill that Sunday(7th). Are you guys going to meet in Sanford then go down or what? Because I might be able to meet you at the Dragstrip, I not sure what they(GA people) have planned that morning. I will keep checking back though.

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well...my plan is for everyone to meet in Sanford (as I said, it's on the way forpretty much everyone anyway). But, no one is posting up yet in this thread, so who knows who is coming?

Regardless, I'll be there atleast that Saturday.

If this thing is as big as it sounds like it will be, than meeting at the dragstrip probably won't happen (too big a space, too many people).

Best thing would probably be to meet at the store roughly 1/2 a mile from the dragstrip. As the date gets closer, I'll pm you for your cell number and we'll meet up somewhere if you want.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Shit..i'm suppose to be going to wilmington for that weekend...and somehting that I don't think I can get out of. However, I'll see if I can get "the boss" to let me roll up there for the day from Wilmington. So, If anybody in wilmington wanting to go, maybe I can meet up with ya'll.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Yea expected more of a turnout than this.

So far(from GA)

Me
Dad
Mom
Sister
3 cousins
2 aunts
3 uncles

And some local bike groups from here

I will be riding the bike up there Friday after school and plan to arrive before 7. I don't know how meeting up at the store thing is going to work out but if there is a local spot at the dragstrip, I will PM someone my # and at least say whats up to a fellow SBN'er. If not, all good. Have fun and have a safe trip

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If there's actually going to be 70k people there, there will not be one single good spot to meet people at. I've been there when there was about 5k people there, and the place is pretty packed.

I'm actually not even sure if I will be able to make it....I'll post up by thursday tho.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Sounds good man, just let us know

·
Registered
791 Posts
a yo, if i were to drive up to this thing. would there normally be parking for my car or is it just fields of bikes.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
If you get there early you can park, if you come later during the fri/sat rush, it will be hard

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Actually, bike parking will likely be allowed inside the track. Cars will probably be made to park in the parking lot outside the track. Parking lot is part of the track property, just on the other side of the fence. All the huge events I've been to, I've never had a problem parking a car there. This place is huge. Much b***** than any other track I've been to.

·
Registered
262 Posts
i wanna gooooooooo! Robt doesn't want to though...but he will if i ask real nice!! so, what's up man? you going or not? oh yeh, jesterj will likely roll with us too...

·
Registered
279 Posts
Okay ladies and gents. Here are my plans for going to the Rock. So far it's about 10 of us meeting on Newbern Ave. in Raleigh at the bojangles by the new Super Walmart Sat morning between 6 and 6:30 am. We are going to grab a bit to eat and roll out. I'm pretty sure we will stay all day pretty much. If any one is interested in riding with us, do let me know. Just pm me and I'll give you my number.

·
Registered
279 Posts
So, any one plan on going? We will be leaving the bojangles on New Bern Ave at 7am sharply. Most people plan on getting there around 6am to eat and what not and then we are rolling out. If you want to roll, hit me up. 452-5548. Jay

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I rode about 215 miles up there friday after school, rode back today. I had a blast, was really fun. When I gte some batteries for my camera, I will post a few pictures in the Pictures forum

1 - 16 of 16 Posts