Sport Bikes banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure everyone who knows her has heard by now. Natasha Louis passed away yesterday from injuries resulting from a crash at a track day. The entire motorcycling community has lost a vital member by this tragedy.

I don't think she was a member here, but she was very well known on the various womens forums. A wonderful and very cool person.

I can't think of much to say right now except I love you and will miss you always, Tasha.

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know... and it happened at Jennings. I keep trying to envision what could have happened, even though I don't really want to know. I can't believe I'm never going to see her again.

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah it has been rough lately and now too close to home. It's the risk we all take every time we ride but we do it because we love it too much not to. And Tasha was mad about riding in general. Very involved in the sport. She was a coach (another word for control rider I guess?) For Absolute Cycle Experience, and thats who she was at Jennings with, down here from Deleware for a 3 day track weekend. Her man, Fugi, is a coach also, and he was there with her though not on the track when it happened.

He said he is going to fix her bike and finish her lap for her today.

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah that pic is on her FB. I have seen it many times but now it is difficult to look at because...

Mandrex, she lowsided and was struck by another rider. :sad

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
So.... I spent yesterday with Fugi (Tasha's SO), her mom Engela, and a family friend, Adre. The two ladies flew in from South Africa (where Tasha is from). My friend Lauren had talked to Fugi and learned he was going to leave Jennings Tues morning and go to try to get things sorted in Jax for Tasha, pick up Engela & Adre, and deal with all that. Too much for a grieving spouse to deal with by himself, and driving a van pulling an RV packed with bikes and track stuff. So we went up to help if we could.

I am happy I got the chance to meet her mom and Adre. Just wish so bad that it was under different circumstances. Spent the whole day there with them, and also got to see Tasha and say goodbye. That was so hard to do. It didnt seem real to me before but it sure does now. It's not fair and I feel so angry that this happened to her.

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Haha! Yeah I can see that. She was so hilarious. Always smiling, always fun to be around. It's no wonder so many people love her. Have you tried googling her name? People everywhere, on just about every motorcycle forum are expressing their emotions over this. I was showing Adre what is going on out here, and it was just page after page. She has really made a difference, and did not waste a moment of her life. She is truly inspirational.

She was venting on FB once about an inattentive driver who happened to have south african related stickers all over their car. So she started yelling at them in Afrikaans, cussing them out basically. She was so funny telling her story, I told her next time I see you will cuss me out in Afrikaans?? Please??

Now she never will.

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
From Tasha's FB...

This Sunday, at 2:30 PM, those of you unable to attend Natasha Louis's memorial service, please join me in a moment of non-silence: Ride or rev your bike at 2:30 PM. This will coincide with the parade lap in her honor at New Jersey Motorsports Park at that time. Thanks, Anthony Degreif, for the suggestion.

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Tasha's favorite colors were pink & orange and she loved Hello Kitty, and tracked prepped her bike with Hello Kitty duct tape. I have some of that on the way so I will be flying her colors on my ride Sunday.

I hope everyone who is out riding Sunday will enjoy their own moment of non-silence in Tasha's honor at 2:30 on Sunday.

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Here's an awesome shot

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
At least two of the pics in the 2nd post of this thread are mine. The rest are someone else's. Here a few more good ones from others.

This is after Fugi fixed her bike and finished her lap. Then he did a burnout in T8 and laid his leathers in her final resting spot.

One from the memorial FB page

One Lauren took at the '10 GR mountain ride. This was getting back to the cabin after the ride to deal's gap when my bike was giving me problems. We were in moderate to torrential rain for much of that day, and we were frozen by the time we got back. Yet there she is with her usual radiant smile.

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Jan '22 ride for Tasha... this is basically what was going through my head last Sunday while riding. My own memories and images others have shared. And the rev tribute at 2:30. Oddly the revving made me feel a lot better. Was kind of weird, in a good way.

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
One year today. Still miss you a lot, beautiful lady.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts