1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
SuperBike Champion
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Track Junkie
2,462 Posts
Hey, I live in mid TN! It is nuts here right now. The news decided to come across Friday and say there would be no gas deliverys until monday. Everybody freaked out and started buying up gas to stockpile. Friday night had cops directing traffic in the gas stations, with traffic backed up through intersections. The greatest thing aobut it all, I saw plenty of gas trucks filling up the tanks at stations all weekend long. People were still buying it up like mad though! There is talk of rationing, which I think is a NEED atm to get people to stop filling up extra gas cans and freakin glass jars! God I hate the news. Saturday morning they even stated that the main reason stations are running out of gas is because people are overbuying.

·
SuperBike Champion
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah one rumor and Americans freek out. Is it new!! could have been a terrorist attack to disrupt normal life same as the hazardous liquid, gel limit stupidity that goes on at the airports.

·
The Angry Blue Mantis!
1,849 Posts
It's the oil companies...they are spreading rumors to get the public to buy excess gas! The large oil companies sold around 1 billion LESS gallons of gasoline in the US this year than last year!

·
Registered
807 Posts
^^Those poor poor people, won't someone do something for them? They're all going to be homeless at this rate.

·
Red Dragons
2,887 Posts
It's almost as bad in GA. Most stations don't have any gas, the ones that do have lines, and it's only "cheap" 87 octane. And by cheap, I mean $3.99-$4.20 a gallon.

·
Registered
264 Posts
It's almost as bad in GA. Most stations don't have any gas, the ones that do have lines, and it's only "cheap" 87 octane. And by cheap, I mean $3.99-$4.20 a gallon.

lol.

When it was a $4.45/gallon (converted) I thought the prices were great. I think $5.33 is avg (premuim). We have it good compared to the rest of the world (but apparently not as good as the US)

·
Red Dragons
2,887 Posts
See any of the "socialized health care" threads. Free health care isn't free.
Anyway, the reason it's fucked up is because it was $3.49 just before they shut down the refineries in TX for the hurricane.
The prices went up overnight, in some places a matter of hours, and have only gone up in the almost 2 weeks that have since passed when the storm hit TX.

·
Registered
549 Posts
The middle east has cheap gasoline ^_^
That's why all the rich people in Dubai drive big SVU's through the desert for no reason.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Damn! For once SoCal doesn't have the highest priced gas in the US. I filled up for $3.59 on the weekend

1 - 13 of 13 Posts