Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own A 02 FZ1 and can't seem to get a buyer for it. Seems the naked segment is a small one and riders either want full sportbike or full sport tourer. It is lots of fun and fast but not resale worthy apperantly. Any comments or suggestions please?

·
Registered
43 Posts
there's always a buyer for the right price. if you're trying to get dealer retail for the bike, then yeah you're gonna have a hard time selling it

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I only have 2600 miles on it and asking what I owe, only $4800, list is $6500.

·
Full Time Slacker
3,178 Posts
Same deal with me, it is harder to sell a sport tourer because more people want race bikes. Just keep it out there in the public eye, put up adds at local bike shops, advertise on enthusiast websites, etc....

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
ChadSpeed said:
No I only have 2600 miles on it and asking what I owe, only $4800, list is $6500.
Not EVERYONE has good taste in bikes, that's all. :lol Seriously, that sounds like a good price. If I had the cash, I'd snag it in a heartbeat. Just hold out and don't do something you'll regret down the road. I had a niche car once that was highly modified so as to only appeal to a smaller niche within that niche. I was too impatient to sell and in the end took far too little for it. To this day I'm still kicking myself over doing that. I would rather still have the car than to have sold it for what I did. Don't get in too big of a hurry. Your buyer will come. Maybe list it in the FZ6 forum classifieds... we've all got good taste and maybe someone is thinking of stepping up to a litre bike. :slaugh

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys for the support, but I seriuosly considering leaving the biking scene for a while. I have a 3 yr old daughter, and a son on the way and it's hard to think I could be taken away from them in a instant by some dumbass who pulls out in front of me or by my own stupitity. Plus the liter bike segment is so fast, I break every speed limit in first gear.

·
Full Time Slacker
3,178 Posts
Perfectly understandable.

Maybe consider a used SV650 or something as a track bike and stay off the street but stay on two wheels.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the advice, but getting somone to watch the children is also an inconvinence. And keeping it on two wheels is'nt the only problem. Keeping the speedo in the under 100mph also is a good Idea, or so the cops think.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts