Sport Bikes banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been playing with the idea of getting a Fizzer for my next bike.

Until now, my mind has been made up! I want one of these! I need to do more research, on how and if these are available in the us...

:drool

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
5399 pounds... thats almost 10K US.

Bah, I wish they would bring that here and sell it for 6k, I'd be all over it...

·
Registered
522 Posts
Naked FZ6 is where it is at. No offense to you current FZ6'rs but I think they are pretty ugly. Reminds me of a Bandit 600s or something :D :flipa :D

·
Registered
317 Posts
The front end is waaaay cooler than the Bandit! Our FZ6s look more like wicked insects, than the pug nosed Bandits. I do happen to like the naked quite a bit, and if it was an option I would've gotten it... *shrug* I love my bike. No regrets. :p

And looking at the black on black, damn! That is exactly what I would've gotten. And think of how clean it would look with the FAZR6 Fender Eliminator Kit. Bad Azzz. :cool:

-J

·
Registered
504 Posts
Unfortunately I don't believe the fully naked FZ6 is available in North America.

-Q

·
Registered
159 Posts
The naked looks to me like Ducati meets Honda 599, not necessarily in a bad way or ugly. But standard FZ6 + chin spoiler or lower fairing + seat cowl + FE is the cool, IMHO.

·
Super Nibber
501 Posts
As far as terminology goes isnt the FZ6 still considered a 'naked' bikes despite the bit of fairing up front? I personally like the wind protection it gives, while not dominating the whole bike with plastic.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FZ6 said:
As far as terminology goes isnt the FZ6 still considered a 'naked' bikes despite the bit of fairing up front? I personally like the wind protection it gives, while not dominating the whole bike with plastic.

Of course the wind protection is a plus and the fairing is obviously functional.

However the "naked" FZ6, just has that "look". Its something that you feel when you see the bike. Kind of when you see "teh" bike that you just knew was right for you. I've been looking for a street bike now that I have dedicated my R6 to the track.

So far that Naked FZ6 has been the only one to just jump out and slap me silly! Do not get me wrong, the US version is not something to turn your head from. It is definetly awe inspiring in and of itself. I'm going to wait and see what the 05's do for all the manufactures and make my decision then.

·
Registered
522 Posts
FAZR6 said:
Don't you have a place to hang out? Or is it dead over there? I would never THINK of coming to someone elses board to tell them their bike is ugly. Go ride your gorgeous bike if you are bored :twofinger :fot
Just my opinion dude, guess thats not allowed here. Never said your bike was a piece of shit or anything (i don't btw).

The naked kind of looks like a Brutale.

·
Super Nibber
501 Posts
DreddR6 said:
However the "naked" FZ6, just has that "look".
I agree the unfaired version is quite handsome. But given the choice between the two, for my purposes, the faired version wins on function over form for the wind/rain protection.

·
Livin' on the Edge!
1,461 Posts
Lok said:
Just my opinion dude, guess thats not allowed here. Never said your bike was a piece of shit or anything (i don't btw).

The naked kind of looks like a Brutale.
It's just plain rude dude! Is it useful conversation to come tell us we have an ugly bike? Sure it's your right, but no one here wants or cares to hear it. I might think your girl friend is butt ugly and I have the right to feel that way, but I would be an ass to walk up to you unsolicited so that I could tell you that. PM me if you want to continue this conversation.

·
Livin' on the Edge!
1,461 Posts
DreddR6, I'm glad you like the naked one. I think it is awesome looking as well. Cross your fingers and maybe in a month we will find out if it is available in the U.S. It's cool when you find a bike that you just can't get off of your mind AND is affordable. That's exactly how it was for me.

·
Registered
52 Posts
don't they make kits to transform them to the naked version (outside the US)?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
FAZR6 said:
DreddR6, I'm glad you like the naked one. I think it is awesome looking as well. Cross your fingers and maybe in a month we will find out if it is available in the U.S. It's cool when you find a bike that you just can't get off of your mind AND is affordable. That's exactly how it was for me.
Affordable being key word. Don't even take your bike to the track!

You have some nice mods on your FZ6..

Lets see, this is what I doomed myself into.

03 R6
Riskymotto Fender Eliminator
Greggs flush mounts
OEM Seat cowl
Galfer SS brake Lines
EBC HH Pads
Scotts steering Damper
Vortex Clip ons
Initutive frame, clutch, swingarm, bar end sliders
Devil Shotgun Exhaust
Power Commander III USB w/ custom map on the dyno
Rennsport Race plastics
Woodcraft Strator cover
Woodcraft GP shit kit
Plus buttloads money on track days, tires, suspension setups..

BAH!

If I could do it all over again, i would have bought a used track prepped R6 with half the money and then a new FZ6 for the street! I cringe just at the thought of the money I've dumped in this bike. It's still missing the most important things, suspension! Well, it may have cost a lot, but the rewards have been great. There isn't anything like being at the track and dicing it up!
By riding on the track, it has toned down my street riding all the way. I just want a comfortable bike to cruise/tour around on. I don't like the look of any "sport tourers". I was looking for something that I could not place my finger on. Then I saw the FZ6 and the Naked one. I was even comtemplating buying a Yamaha Roadstar Warrior, but it just not a true sport bike!

I love those carbon fiber devils on the bike you have. I keep telling myself I'm going to leave the street bike stock. But I can just see it now, set of devil carbon fibers, then its going to need a power commander, then some frame sliders. Need to upgrade the brake lines to SS, fender elimator kit, tank bag, saddle bags, re do the front forks, . . . Anyone want to share some money making sekret taktiks? :twofinger

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yeah I thing buying the naked headlight assembly should be all that is needed. The speedo is the same and everything else can be dropped off the front end when the plastic goes to the garage floor. Way less expensive mod than getting a fully naked bike and then deciding you want the windshield and fairings!

·
Registered
133 Posts
to me, the naked version feels like its missing something. The lines of the rear and up to the tank are smooth yet agressive, then all of a sudden...it stops....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts