Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my bike in Oct and have riding with ankle high "work" type boots. I had no problem with them but then started hearing stories from my uncle and reading stuff online about people's ankles getting smashed and such so now I'm thinking I should get something more protective just to keep myself a little bit safer. I really want something with ankel pad/gaurd, shin gaurd, toe gaurd/scraper, and protection for the back of the ankle and it looks like SIDI's Vertebra B Two boot would fulfill my needs. The best price I've seen is $200 which doesn't seem bad to me.

I also like the SIDI Strada Evo Air, mainly due to the air vents but I don't care for it not having as much protection as the boot above. Lowest price I've seen is $200.

One of my main concerns is summer riding. I haven't even had the chance to ride in weather above 50 degrees yet so I don't know how hot my feet will get. I don't really want to get swamp foot, would the B Two be too warm? Are the SIDI's worth the money?

Do SIDI's boots generally run larger or smaller? Thought I read larger. I wear a 9.5-10 so I'm assuming a 9.5 should be sufficient.

·
Registered
806 Posts
SIDI's are definitley worth the $$. the B2's are fine in the summer time. i've worn mine (vertebra) in 90 degree weather and they're very comfortable in those temps. i wear a 10 in nikes and a 9.5 in SIDI's.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've looked at those boots Wayofway and into some other boots but I really don't want to spend more than $200, my funds do not allow me to spend $350. If someone can find a better boot than the first two I posted for $200 or under, please let me know!

·
the joke is in your hand
8,588 Posts
I really like my sidi vertebra 2 but those oxtars in that link are far better than mine and the B two. because it has a torsion ankle support system. that keeps your ankle from being twisted side to side. which, ends up spraining your ankle.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow those Oxtars seem pretty inexpensive for the protection offered. Nate98cbr, have you gotten yours yet? How is the quality and comfort?

·
Nasty Nate
765 Posts
OldSkoolFool said:
Wow those Oxtars seem pretty inexpensive for the protection offered. Nate98cbr, have you gotten yours yet? How is the quality and comfort?
Yea I received them on Monday of this week, they seem pretty nice. They fit pretty snug which is expected I assume, wouldnt want them flopping around. They definitely do not allow and twisting of the ankle. This is my first and only pair of riding boots so I don't really have anything to compare them to. For 119 they are a lot better than the sketchers that I was wearing.

Nathan

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Glad to see people getting good boots. Let me tell you, if you get into a bad wreck, regular boots are almost worthless!

I have a screw in my ankle, and a metal plate and screws in the side of my lower leg. And, I was wearing 10" tall Rocky LEATHER boots when this happened!

It's race boots from here on out for me. I have A* SMX + boots right now, but will probably end up trying some Sidi boots next year if these finally wear out. Everything I've read about Sidi says they are the best you can get.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
The Oxtar boots for my size and color were out of stock at Motorcyclecloseouts.com. Reds are in stock but I don't think that'd look too good on my bike or with my jacket. Such a good deal, I might not be able to pass it up.

·
Nasty Nate
765 Posts
OldSkoolFool said:
The Oxtar boots for my size and color were out of stock at Motorcyclecloseouts.com. Reds are in stock but I don't think that'd look too good on my bike or with my jacket. Such a good deal, I might not be able to pass it up.
Damn the luck, they had plenty in size 13 for me, maybe you can do some searching and find them somewhere else, or just spring for the SIDI's, either way it's something that you need to have.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Glad to hear you're alright Sleeper.

I was going to order the Oxtars (I really didn't want the red or blue though) but gave a dealer that's near me a call to see if they had any deals. They had one more pair of AGV Sports Pro Race boots in stock in my size and color I wanted at 20% off + more after some dealing. So far I like the boots, seem to offer good protection. Haven't had a chance to ride yet but when sitting on the bikes at the dealer, sure was much more difficult to shift, I hope that's something I'll get used to.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts