Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aftermarket bits on the bike:

Devil carbon fiber finish endcan
Crash Bobbins
PUIG double bubble dark smoke screen
Headlight cover (solid black)
Carbon fiber coated brake & clutch levers (yet to go onto the bike)
Carbon fiber yoke protector

Attachments

·
Registered
9,381 Posts
Damn, y'all don't need headlights over there.

Not a bad lookin bike.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually don't, thats cos' i rarely ride in the night, mostly use the bike for sunday morning rides.

·
how bout dem deadskins
3,235 Posts
didn't think they made light covers for bikes for obvious reasons

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^ Well, thats cos Yamaha sold the Thunderace in the US only in 97 through 98, though it sold from 1996 through 2003 in most other markets.
Once the R1 was launched, Yamaha pit the former sportbike (the thunderace) against the blackbird for the tourer category while the R1 thrashed the fireblade sales.
A bike launched to take on the fireblade and then being pit in the tourer category can only mean the right balance between the two, the handling is superb, acceleration post 5000 rpm is mindblowing, and it is yet quite comfortable to cover long distances.

No major changes took place from the launch in 1996 through 2003 when Yamaha decided to call it quits on the Ace.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
didn't think they made light covers for bikes for obvious reasons
I have been seeing headlight covers since the time i have been following sportbikes, i was quite surprised that i found one on ebay.uk for an old bike like mine though, maybe cos the Thunderace has a huge fan base in UK, hence the terrific aftermarket support.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
nice ride, have not seen one in awhile.

·
Lingerie Bandit
5,623 Posts
That's a great looking motorbike, I love Yamaha, my favorite motorbike manufacturer actually.

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
Nice bike!! The previous comment re: headlight covers for bikes "for obvious reasons" was meaning that it's generally a bad idea to cover your headlight for traffic use as it reduces your visibility to other motorists, even in the daylight.

Ride safe, enjoy the bike :)

·
Enlightened
771 Posts
Nice bike! I had a YZF600R Thundercat and always wanted a ThunderAce. Too bad Yamaha didn't continue to make those over here in the U.S.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts