Sport Bikes banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whoever said that there are two kinds of riders, ones that went down and ones that are going to go down are right. I didnt think I was going to be exceptions to the rule. I was on my way to the shop to get my tires changed because my old tires were crap. I had my brother following me in his truck with the new tires. I was all happy about getting my new Pirelli Diablos put on, I guess too happy because I took this one turn too fast. When I was coming out of the turn I gave it some gas and I broke the rear tire loose and I went down. The stupid part of the whole story is that since the shop is only about 5 mins away and it was hot outside I didnt wear my jacket (I know... I know it was stupid please spare me the speach) so I got some road rash on my arm and knee. My bike is rashed on right side too so I'll have to fix that up but at least I was going slow and I'm OK so thats all that matters. I should have known better not to ride hard on my old tires. I got the new tires on since the incident and I love em. I think if I had my new tires on I would have been fine but thats a lesson learned. So thats my story hopefully it wont happen again.
Drive safe guys and wear your gear :)

·
Registered
503 Posts
Sorry to hear bro.

The positive thing is that you know where you went wrong and you won't make the same mistake. At least it was at slow speed!

How do you like those tires? I'll be needing a new rear for the ZX11 pretty soon...

·
Registered
457 Posts
Didn't the shop or anyone tell you about the gel residue on brand new tires? didn't they tell you to take it easy for the first couple of miles to wear off the residue?

When i got my tires changed i did some side to side motions to try and wear off the gel substance.

Edit: i didn't read that you were still on your old tires.

·
Registered
503 Posts
MaxOwner said:
Didn't the shop or anyone tell you about the gel residue on brand new tires? didn't they tell you to take it easy for the first couple of miles to wear off the residue?

When i got my tires changed i did some side to side motions to try and wear off the gel substance.
He wrecked on the old tires.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Glad your okay man. Yeh...I've definately been there before. Never have crashed, BUT have been like, Im not gonna wear my jacket its only a few min away. Man, it could have been worse. But the IRONY...you were going to the shop to fix what ended up by bringing you down...

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Atleast it wasn't worse.

And thats a bad part of the arm, one of those spots you always end up resting it on something, and then you realize that you are all cut up after.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Stang Man said:
Sorry to hear bro.

The positive thing is that you know where you went wrong and you won't make the same mistake. At least it was at slow speed!

How do you like those tires? I'll be needing a new rear for the ZX11 pretty soon...
I love my new Pirelli Diablos I had old Dunlop 207 on the back when I went down. This whole thing happend two weeks ago so I'v had my new tires put on and properly scrubed and I swear if I had those Diablos on that would have never happend. I love em, they corner like nobodys business but then again all I have to compare are my old tires.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
IllKneeGrow said:
Atleast it wasn't worse.

And thats a bad part of the arm, one of those spots you always end up resting it on something, and then you realize that you are all cut up after.
Its almost all healed up by now (crashed 2 weeks ago)but yeah that sucked. I couldnt sleep because of it and I love it when you take a shower with a road rash its feels like liquid lava :eek: nice way to wake up

·
Registered
457 Posts
Marek88 said:
I love my new Pirelli Diablos I had old Dunlop 207 on the back when I went down. This whole thing happend two weeks ago so I'v had my new tires put on and properly scrubed and I swear if I had those Diablos on that would have never happend. I love em, they corner like nobodys business but then again all I have to compare are my old tires.
I lowsided with my 207's also.. was happy to get them off .. i got the Sportec M1's as a replacement

·
Registered
308 Posts
Thats sucks good thing you're pretty much ok. Where in NJ are you?

·
Registered
70 Posts
You're rash doesn't look too bad. I've got a worse one on my leg right now from sliding in softball wearing shorts. If that isn't incentive to wear leathers I don't know what is. Running about 20 mph and sliding on gravel/dirt = leg oozing through pants next day at work. Riding at 65 and sliding on asphalt = whole body oozing through bandages for a month.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
sorry to hear you went down, at least you are ok and you know where you went wrong.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts