Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
throwing a kick at the pads

blocking a left hand to the face

and a video of the class (if your in l.a. cal let me know)

LINK

·
Silent pipes take lives
12,981 Posts
So, basically, you want a bunch of guys on the internet to look at your ass.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the jitsu is some fun shit. busted a guy open last week and still dont know how it happened.

·
Full Time Slacker
3,178 Posts
Yep, BJJ and kickboxing are fun as hell. I haven't trained seriously since '97 and its come a long way since then. Look, you've got a nice cage to train in. We had a garage with mats on the floor, no AC and sometimes you'de get jammed up against the heavy bag. :D

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yep, BJJ and kickboxing are fun as hell. I haven't trained seriously since '97 and its come a long way since then. Look, you've got a nice cage to train in. We had a garage with mats on the floor, no AC and sometimes you'de get jammed up against the heavy bag. :D
sounds like you had an optimum training environment.

·
Pre-register sex offender
1,091 Posts
How do you go about finding somewhere to do such a thing? I have always wanted to.

·
Full Time Slacker
3,178 Posts
How do you go about finding somewhere to do such a thing? I have always wanted to.
Just google MMA gym (insert your city). Or BJJ gym, kickboxing gym, etc...

The forums on MMA.tv can be helpful as well.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
just look for some good gyms online in your area but make sure they have a good name and at least two fighters out of thyre camp that has competed.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
throwing a kick at the pads

You’re a friend among friends with that Machado logo :)

As far at the kick goes - looks good. You’re up on the ball of your stabilizing foot, rotating in, but your right leg lacks a little. Try rolling your hip over more as you kick through the pad. From what the pic shows, you’re making contact with the inside of your ankle, but if you roll your hip a little more you will be making contact with your instep/front of your shin. What helped me with the hip rolling was to dip my head slightly and to get higher on my toes with my stabilizing foot.

P.S. Not trying to armchair crique you or anything, but that's the same problem I had for a while with my hook kicks.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
You’re a friend among friends with that Machado logo :)

As far at the kick goes - looks good. You’re up on the ball of your stabilizing foot, rotating in, but your right leg lacks a little. Try rolling your hip over more as you kick through the pad. From what the pic shows, you’re making contact with the inside of your ankle, but if you roll your hip a little more you will be making contact with your instep/front of your shin. What helped me with the hip rolling was to dip my head slightly and to get higher on my toes with my stabilizing foot.
nice do you have an i.m. ? thats what i love about it, the brother is as tight as riders. my friends make me think of 300 in that scene where leonidas says "spartans what is your profession" "you see old friend i brought more soliders"

and yeah toby jump all on my case about those kinds of kicks and it's better now doing exactly what you mentioned. you should have seen my left kick before last week *shakes head*. i have to get karate out of my brain when i train muay thai. last week i must have done around 2,000 left leg kicks getting it right. it's like trying to put a spoon of cereal in your mouth without spilling a drop with the other hand.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts