Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Livin' on the Edge!
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The mod that everyone has been waiting to see finally arrived today. My bike is now complete (for now). I installed my TopLine full lower today and uploaded the pics to my gallery which can be found here:
http://www.sportbikes.net/photos/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/141

I still need to make some fine adjustments to the brackets to get the body lines the way I want them, but it's not bad as it is. The color is pretty darn good, good enough that I'm very happy and overall I give it an A++

Attachments

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
:dblthumb :2eek How Sweet It Is!!!!!! That fairing looks awesome! Coupled with the cowl on the seat and that is one damn good looking bike!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Doooood! That's sweet! It's hard to make an already good looking bike better looking and you definitely succeeded at doing that. Nice!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Quit Screwin' With My Head!!!

So I buy this bike for the naked or bikini look, and now you go and find a fairing that changes my mind? Damn it! I love that plastic. How solid is it. Fit finish looks great in photos? Does it flap around on you? Any buzzes or rattles?

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
That looks OUTSTANDING Fazr6! My compliments to you on a great looking bike! When do I get to ride it??? :2devil

·
Livin' on the Edge!
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jk750 said:
That looks OUTSTANDING Fazr6! My compliments to you on a great looking bike! When do I get to ride it??? :2devil
Thanks buddy, you can ride it as soon as you get your slack ass down here and let me ride yours! I actually think I'd come out with the better deal on that exchange. Go on with your bad ass Gixer 1000 self. We seem to be in a mod competition, huh?

·
Livin' on the Edge!
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Epee said:
So I buy this bike for the naked or bikini look, and now you go and find a fairing that changes my mind? Damn it! I love that plastic. How solid is it. Fit finish looks great in photos? Does it flap around on you? Any buzzes or rattles?
Thanks eppe!.. The fit and finish is outstanding. The color is as good as you can expect. A couple of photos make it seem like the color is way off, but it's just the way different metallics reflect light. Other pics, you can see how well it matches. I rode about 25 miles today at highway speed 80ish and no flapping. it is as tight a fit as can be. I didn't notice any buzzing or rattling or anything else and the temp seemed to stay the same...3 bars and it was pretty hot out. All in all, it is very solid fiberglass and fits perfectly, or will once I finish adjusting it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Looks good! I really like the way the cowl fits around the frame like a jigsaw puzzle piece. Now all you gotta do is ride in some twisties to get rid of those chicken strips - JK :)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Epee said:
YEAH! DAMN YOU. That looks really good on there and the seat cowl looks hot as hell. Not to mention the devils.. you have yourself a bad ass looking fz there. But I think overall the best mod you did was the work on the swing arm.. that looks way better than stock. Does the bike handle better now?

·
Livin' on the Edge!
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
HamsFZ6 said:
Nice nice nice nice nice! How long did it take to install it?
Installation was very easy compared to some of the other mods I've done. It took about 1 1/2 hours because the instructions weren't in english and I had to go strickly by the pics. I do still need to spand a little time with it tweeking the brackets and evening out the seams and such but all in all, it was not that bad.

·
Livin' on the Edge!
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
xantri said:
Looks good! I really like the way the cowl fits around the frame like a jigsaw puzzle piece. Now all you gotta do is ride in some twisties to get rid of those chicken strips - JK :)
Thanks, I love the look of that chin guard you and others have as well as the Topline one that Jcaesar has. Your bike looks awesome! A seat cowl would finish it off. BTW, it would be worth checking into to see if one of our U.K. buddys like poodyboy or European friends could check on the price of the Yamaha seat cowl that is on the euro website. Maybe one of those guys could take some u.s. orders, do a group buy, and make some profit by shipping them to us. Just something to think about.

·
Registered
155 Posts
That's one mean looking FZ!!! :headbang:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Group Buy on Seat Cowls

FAZR6 said:
...one of our U.K. buddys like poodyboy or European friends could check on the price of the Yamaha seat cowl that is on the euro website. Maybe one of those guys could take some u.s. orders, do a group buy, and make some profit by shipping them to us. Just something to think about.
I think you are on to someting. I like the seat cowl, but it is a little tough to get our hands on. I would really be interested in something like this. Anybody else?

·
Registered
95 Posts
ya i would definately want to get the yammy seat cowl, nice thought FAZR6

·
Livin' on the Edge!
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'll see if I can get a deal for a group order with TCP if you all want. I don't have any connections to a euro yammy dealer but there has to be ONE who is willing to get in one this market. Also, I just wanted to say thanks for all of the compliments I've gotten on my bike and my mods and also say thanks to everyone who bought my FE kit that made this all possible. The 25 or so that I sold took a lot of work and time but was worth it for all the nice things that I've bought. It is nice to do something that helps me as well as those who bought one and I never mentioned it before, but I donated 5% of each and every sale to this message board (Fred can verify) to help everyone have this great place to hang out.

Thanks again, you know who you are.

Mike

·
Sportbike.net junkie
1,242 Posts
i would love to be part of the group buy. But i wont have any spare cash for about another month.

Fazr6 Nice!!!! :kewlpics

1 - 20 of 44 Posts