Sport Bikes banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
JIS Screws. A set of JIS screwdrivers can save you lots of trouble:

jis

Basically, regular screwdrivers do not go in fully into the screw head, that's why you end up rounding the damn screws.
Yep. The screwdriver that came with the bike works best but is...lacking. As in a handle :eek:nfloor It can be used, albeit awkwardly...

·
5,547 Posts
I'd get an Ivan's kit if all you want is power. If you want to balance the A/F properly and get decent power and fuel economy get a Dynojet and have the bike dynoed. I just went to 118 inners and 116 outers on the jets. I do think I will need a half turn out on the fuel screws to work with the new jets. At altitude I'd likely be fine with 2x out. The DJ kit plugs the air jets and pressurizes the fuel delivery, which I presume allows more fuel to be delivered with smaller jets than without. Just my thoughts on why. Even the stock jets are rich, as are most of the jets in the Dynojet kit. Ivan's kit is a one size fits all and he will chastise you if you do not exactly follow his instructions. You will like the power gain, but not so much on drop in fuel economy...
Hey Ray I was researching the size of the float bowl screw. Someone on Kawiforums posted the size was "M8 1.25", But they didn't appear to be to sure about that because they asked the forum to confirm the info. I was searching on ronayers.com and it appears that the California ZZR may have allen style screws unless I'm reading the microfiche wrong. The part number in 92151-1406. I tryed searching to see if I could find the size of these screws with no luck so far.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Hey Ray I was researching the size of the float bowl screw. Someone on Kawiforums posted the size was "M8 1.25", But they didn't appear to be to sure about that because they asked the forum to confirm the info. I was searching on ronayers.com and it appears that the California ZZR may have allen style screws unless I'm reading the microfiche wrong. The part number in 92151-1406. I tryed searching to see if I could find the size of these screws with no luck so far.
I'll ask the guy in the ZRX forums if he'd be interested in doing one up for the ZZR. He'd have at least one taker...

·
5,547 Posts
I'll ask the guy in the ZRX forums if he'd be interested in doing one up for the ZZR. He'd have at least one taker...
Make that two takers:)

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Make that two takers:)
OK, I asked. Cross fingers...

His kits are nice SS pieces. Not sure where he buys from, but they are complete swaps for the stock and the fit is 100%. It will take some time for him to get all the parts and start making them. I asked for cost if he is willing, we can then get a number of persons interested.

·
5,547 Posts

His kits are nice SS pieces. Not sure where he buys from, but they are complete swaps for the stock and the fit is 100%. It will take some time for him to get all the parts and start making them. I asked for cost if he is willing, we can then get a number of persons interested.
Sounds good to me, it's only 12 screws how much could that cost?

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Twelve would just cover the float bowls, you have another two per diaphragm cover (8), plus if you wanted to swap the intake trumpet screws that would be another 8. Granted, the D-covers and float bowls are the ones I'd go for. No need to remove the trumpets when tuning unless you are really serious.

His ZRX kit replaces *every* phillips head screw on the carb bank - I'd say 30 or so screws?

·
Registered
726 Posts
Which jets are you running? We have basically the same setup (don't you have a Euro ECU as well?), and we are at equal elevation... I just went from 120 inners/118 outers to 118 inners/116 outers (smallest in DJ kit). Seems lean even at idle, so will try a quarter to half turn on AF screws.
Yup Euro ECU.

I am running the recommended jets from the instructions in the kit.

My bike runs great in the mid to high rpm range but at idle it seemed fat and gasey. I started fiddling with the idle screws to lean her out a bit. DJ recommends 3.0 turns out. My jeans would smell like a gas can after a ride but now its better at 2.25.

At this point I am doing some fine tuning to dial her in perfect for me on the street.

After the new sparkies go in, I will be looking at a throttle mod next.

BTW: I have enjoyed the forum here, lots of good info!

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts

I'd be interested too dependant on pricing and delivery. I remember the frustrations of working on my old Yamaha Warrior ATV and how soft the damn phillips head screws were.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts