Sport Bikes banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
she isnt confident that she can handle a sport bike, shes keeps leaning towards scooters... she loves riding with me and our other friends back home, do any of you ride in the DFW area? we live in denton and i think if she was to meet a woman who rides it would help her a lot.

· Premium Member
45,813 Posts
I think Rebelde is that area, but not sure.

There are other bikes besides sport bikes and scooters. Maybe she'd be happier on a standard or a cruiser.

Have her go take the MSF course. That will either give her the confidence she needs to ride some kind of bike, or else show her that riding is not for her. And if she still wants to ride a scooter, well then more power to her! :)

· Registered
79 Posts
Have her look up like early 90s Duacti 900ss (my mom used to ride one of those. it was her first bike) and look up some older monsters. Such as the 620, 750, 800, or even the early 90s 900. Those would be some great bikes that I think anyone can handle/appreciate.

· Registered
6 Posts
I totally agree with acalliste about the MSF course. I'm a girl of average height and was always kind of unsure of how I would handle the sport bikes, but I took the MSF course and it made me feel a whole lot better. I bought an 08 Kawasaki Ninja 250R and it is a great first bike. It's still fast and fun, but your chances of accidentally hitting the gas too hard are not as serious.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.