Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Shut the **** up and ride
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally got out to specifically take some pictures of my girlfriend at the local Reservoir. After taking about 100 of them, I started getting artsy fartsy (my apologies, thought they came out pretty coo tho). For all the people that were pissed when no one had pictures of the Pazzo levers installed, theyre somewhere in here.

I must say it feels great always getting compliments on her. I bought her stock in February and been doing things every few months. Most people think that I dont even ride it, that Im the typical Starbucks kid who only rides up and down the highway. That changes when I light up the gauges with 16k miles appearing, their reactions are priceless. So if you ever see me and want to eat off her, feel free:twofinger

And thanks to my mechanic J for hooking me up with some of my goodies, hes the man.

2005 Yamaha R6 (Sex Red Paint, oofff)
Michelin Pilot Road 2ct
Red Rim Tape
Aftermarket Seat Covers
AFAM Sprockets
DID Gold Chain
Puig Windscreen
Pazzo Levers
Harris Grips
Stompgrip
Keiti Tankpad
Blueflame EVO CF Slipon
Frame Sliders
Swingarm Sliders
K&N Oil and Airfilter

Future goodies:
Powdercoating (What parts? Just wait and see!)
SS Brake Lines
Aftermarket Headers
V-stacks

Thanks for looking and enjoy!:cheers

Attachments

·
5,455 Posts
looks good! how do you get your chain that clean?
i'm guessing you're getting the rearsets and passengers pegs powdercoated black.
do the wheels too! colored wheels really make a bike stand out IMO

·
Registered
763 Posts
That is a really clean R6.
Lovin the last three pictures, especially the guage.

·
Lingerie Bandit
5,623 Posts
I just set the picture of the Gauge Cluster as my background lol

Mad props on the bike, everything is tasefully done and it all works well together, I especially love the exhaust. The only thing I'd do is install a smoked screen like Mr. Daytona said, but besides that it's friggin' awesome!

·
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
add

Thanks for the positive comments, you guys are making me feel good about her! Haha.

Greg, the DID chain is actually brand spranking new. Its had about 20 miles on it so itll stay clean until I use BelRay chain lube, which will cover it with white lube. And just wait until next spring (hopefully) and youll see if your guesses are correct!:neener

Night, I like how you think "everything is tastefully done." That really describes how I went about customizing everything...I wanted to modify her to "my likings" of course, yet didnt want to go overboard.

And the only reason I didnt install a smoked screen is because the front of the bike is all red and I saw Puig had a black-fading-into-red screen so I thought it would be cool to mix it up. Maybe a smoked screen will be in the future, for now I have my eyes (and my $$$) on other things.

·
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just ordered a camera mount last night actually, and I will be installing a clear screen in the spring to allow for clearer video recording. The red looks cool but I think it would be easier on the eyes rather than watching it in red, haha.

·
Lingerie Bandit
5,623 Posts
And the only reason I didnt install a smoked screen is because the front of the bike is all red and I saw Puig had a black-fading-into-red screen so I thought it would be cool to mix it up.
wtf I didn't even notice that, I thought the black was just the dash behind the windscreen, I didn't notice it was an actual fade, that's pretty sick.

·
Registered
124 Posts
DAYMMMM Drez.........She HOT!!! :boink
Like others have said....very tastefully done ...Love the pipe...we have to meet up so I can hear it in person
..and how long did it take you to get her so clean!?!? When can I drop mine off? LMAO

·
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Leo, in all honestly, this is how she normally looks.

I bought her used pretty clean and the day she got dropped off, I took like 2-3 hours detailing up and down. Now the day I took these photos, all I did was wash her at the car wash (Holy shit was it cold) and rode straight to the photo location. I brought a microfiber cloth with me just to clean up any wet spots and stuff that had come up on the way there.

So basically my belief is as long as you maintain keeping it clean, it looks good all the time. I ride about 500-700 miles a week (when the weathers nice) and I give her a bath about every 2 weeks. What you DONT wanna do is never wash your bike cause then it just makes it that much harder to clean up all the gunk, dirt, and grease that really sticks on there.

My favorite part of it is prob the area underneath the rear end near the license plate, usually thats so dirty so I always try to keep mine sparkling.

And by the way, I charge by the hour for sportbike detailing...:smokin

·
Lingerie Bandit
5,623 Posts
I think this pretty much would classify me as a squid but dude I'd so rock those colored tires you can buy but in red.

·
rebel litre
3,748 Posts
very nice brotha!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts