Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a month ago I decided to take the plunge and order absinthe online. Cost about $92, pretty freakin costly. I plan on tempting the green fairy tonight. I hear the stuff tastes like shit, but I don't care much, and I will have plenty of sugar cubes on the side :cheers

Here is the kind I got. I will update everyone tomorrow...hopefully!!

Attachments

·
Head Rooster
3,438 Posts
Congrats on finally hitting puberty..oh wait wine? Wtf?

·
Light it up! Light it up!
1,459 Posts
let us know what it's like. I knew someone in college that got a bottle but said it wasn't all that.

i suggest chugging the entire bottle in less than 10 minutes.

·
______ETA B4U______
1,990 Posts
Mucho Gonzales said:
i suggest chugging the entire bottle in less than 10 minutes.
+1

My cousin told me he drank that for the first time last week and woke up on the kitchen floor the next day.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Nevrsumr22 said:
+1

My cousin told me he drank that for the first time last week and woke up on the kitchen floor the next day.

Any ol' alcomahol will do that to ya, provided you drink enough of it. On more than one occasion I woke up in other peoples clothes and I couldnt remember why. (um *wink*wink* i did it in canada so im legal, yeah)

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
I've heard people say that you don't really trip off of it... just gets you drunk, wow what a feat haha

·
Registered
430 Posts
I've had it and it gives you a different type of drunk. My Buddy went to the Czech republic and brought some back. Good stuff.

·
Keeping WI HOT since 1998
2,917 Posts
Your package?

Did you get a sex change? :eek:nfloor

·
Jerk
990 Posts
Here is the deal with that stuff. Drink too little nothing happens. Drink the right amount (3 or 4 shots), and you get loopy. Drink too much, and the alcohol cancels out the mind trip and you just get drunk. Find the right amount chase some elephants, and cut off your ear.

Tom.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I tried it. I had about 3 shots and a drink of the stuff. It was a pretty good experience. I felt great actually. Not high, and not drunk....kinda in between or something. I didn't have too much so I can enjoy it another time :cheers

·
Registered
346 Posts
I've been interested in purchasing some of this. I've been doing research online and can't come up with a straight answer. I am getting mixed reviews from people and companies alike. Some say 'yay' some say 'nay'. Just cant seem to justify spending all that money if all its gonna do is get me drunk when i can spend $11.99 on a 30 of PBR. anyone else have more insight?

·
Registered
291 Posts
The reason for mixed reviews is because different brands have different amounts of the active hallucinoginic - thujone. Thujone comes from wormwood. Unfortunately for you, it appears you may have picked a dud. Found this excerpt about pernod......

After absinthe was banned, imitations, containing anise and other legal herbs in place of wormwood, appeared. The most well-known is Pernod, which is very much like absinthe but without the wormwood. But the similarity is only in color and taste; Pernod is without the mind-numbing characteristics of absinthe. The practice of adding aromatic bitters to cocktails also derives from a nostalgia for contraband wormwood.
Here: http://www.health.org/nongovpubs/absinthe/

From what i hear, you get a good bottle of the real stuff and you'll have the most vivid, lucid and strangest dreams of your life.

Edited to add: It is my understanding that you cannot get the good stuff here because nobody is willing to ship it to the states. But what you CAN get is a kit/mix that you can use to make your own, real absinthe. But you have to have a still.

·
Old enough to be your dad
99 Posts
I think its kinda like the 70's. (or is that 60's) If you remember it, you weren't there.

The good absinthe is a total trip. You have to get it in Europe. If you get it imported, 99.9% of the time you just wasted good money on bad booze. Sorry, I wish it wasn't true, and makes me cry just thinking about it.

It could be worse, you could live in MI where everything goes through the liquor control board and wholesalers, who if they cant make enough money off of something, they simply dont bother bringing it into the state. Everytime I drive through Indiana my truck weighs a lot more coming home.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts