Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I finally have my vacation time set aside - it's hard to tell at work but so far this is definite. I will know for certain this week.

July 31st starting date, to be back no later than August 7th. Should be back in 5-6 days, though.

A rough itinerary: Miami to Alabama on first day. Barber's Museum on 2nd morning, some curvy back roads (have some tips on this), then off to northern Georgia that night. Third morning, off to the mountains (have a map made for bikers). Fourth morning, down to Ocala to visit a friend (also a fellow rider) and see some central FL sights. Then off to the east coast that night. Fifth morning, off to Kennedy Space Center (never been there) and finally home that night.

This is only a rough plan. If Juggalo is still in MS then (Jugg?? I'll be in touch very soon), while in 'Bama I'll swing over that way if he can meet up. If we do, maybe I'll take an extra day to hit Louisiana again and meet up with another riding buddy and also maybe finally meet with RussXL (fellow SBN'er out close to NOLA). Or while in GA I could decide to head over to Tennessee for a day (never been there either).

Once out of FL, I'll try to stay mostly on backroads and see some real scenery, not just superslab like most of the trip last time (out to Houston).

Anyone is welcome to join up for part of it or all of it. I don't follow a strict schedule (obviously) but there is some discipline involved in getting to see so many things in just a few days while on a bike. Semi-early bedtimes and wake-up calls are sometimes in order. I like cheap rathole ho-tels, nothing fancy. Fast food while on the road, local stuff once in town. The point is to see things and do things you've never done, and to do it all as cheap as possible!

Sorry for the short notice... Like I said, the date is pretty much confirmed now but that was only recently. Post up if you wanna go, and we can plan it out. If not, wish me luck so I don't encounter too much rain on the ride :rolleyes :)

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Take some pics will ya,I know you have a camara...............and enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, man. And one of the reasons I bought a topcase was so I could have much easier access to my big ol' SLR camera, so I will be taking many more pics than last time.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Cool

Put them up on you site when you get back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts