Sport Bikes banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok deciding on the next bike I want to get, as of now I am riding a ninja 500r and am very confident as well as safe on it. I guess the most essential thing for my next bike is I do not want to feel the need to move up again. I want a bike I am perfectly content with keeping and possibly upgrading. Anway if someone could give me their preferences, and why, in this area i would appreciate it. As of now I am looking at ninja 636 (whats the difference between the 6rr), R6's and R1's, CBR 600rr's and 954's.
Just tell me what you think about these bikes and any other recomendations.
thanks

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
A 600 is a big jump I would try that first. I know people who went from a 600 to a 1000 and hate it so they always ride the 600.

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
Not to say I a super special exception, but I went from a '91 F2 to an '04 GSX-R 1000. Almost put 2,000 hard miles on her in the 3 weeks I had her before she was stolen. I was pretty comfortable with all that power and I had opened her up in the straights, highway, twisties, and everything. God I miss her. :(

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
I don't think you're ready yet. You should probably move down to a 250.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok....ok...

So im getting pretty good replys saying a 1000 bike is too big so what about the 600's. Which is a good bike to become content with, and if you cant tell me that maybe just the goods and bads of these bikes. Also I never got a response to difference of ninja 636 and 6rr.
thanks
guys

·
Registered
750 Posts
What type of riding do you do, I suppose is the next question. The ZX-6RR is the more race-oriented, like the Honda 600RR to the F4. Although I'd say the regular 6R is more-so than the F4. Just to give some comparison. I can't think of any bads, I'd say it's just a matter of what bike is more comfortable, as power will feel just about the same for most street riders. Go sit on all of them for as long as you can, possibly test ride, and then your decision will be there :) But I'm sure people that actually own these bikes will chime in soon to tell you what they think is good/bad about them!

JoeyRans said:
So im getting pretty good replys saying a 1000 bike is too big so what about the 600's. Which is a good bike to become content with, and if you cant tell me that maybe just the goods and bads of these bikes. Also I never got a response to difference of ninja 636 and 6rr.
thanks
guys

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
JoeyRans said:
thanks
guys
The 636 has 636cc the 600rr is 600 I think. All the new 600ss are good. I like the R6, yzf 600r, and the kawi 636. The most tame of the bunch and most comfy is the yzf 600r.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think that your size is a factor, if you are 100lbs 1000 is not the right choice.Although if you are upwards of 200lbs you might want to test ride a 1000. In any case a 600 will give you the thrill you seek time and time again. The 600rr is a hot topic this year but the 636 has much punch and is a good all around bike like honda. I would go for the 1000 just in case you out grow the pull of the 6. Whatever your choice be safe and use the whole tire its just a waste if not.

·
Registered
52 Posts
try a gsxr750. you will not beed to upgrade again. very fast bike and well balanced. be warned though, it is a huge jump from a 500. you might try the rc51 also. if you ride a lot of twisties the twin would be a great choice.

·
Registered
457 Posts
pimpnslo said:
I think that your size is a factor, if you are 100lbs 1000 is not the right choice.Although if you are upwards of 200lbs you might want to test ride a 1000. In any case a 600 will give you the thrill you seek time and time again. The 600rr is a hot topic this year but the 636 has much punch and is a good all around bike like honda. I would go for the 1000 just in case you out grow the pull of the 6. Whatever your choice be safe and use the whole tire its just a waste if not.
this is the dumbest shit i have read all day.. thanks.. i really needed a break from reality

·
Registered
175 Posts
Size has nothing to do with choosing a 600 or a 1000. Im 6'3, 210lbs and Ive only owned 600's. I had an F3 and now I have a 636 and I fit fine on them. The new 1000's are the size of 600's so thats a bunch of crap anyway. My 636 is a hell of a bike. Its got about 20 more hp than the F3 (F3 about upper 80's/ low 90's, 636 about a pube below 110) and it feels a butt load quicker. Go with a 600 boss, and I would suggest the 636 just for the slipper clutch. Its the shit. So easy to be smooth and you dont get all sideways when you're downshifting aggressively. Its got an uncomfortable riding position if you like straight line riding though. I love mine and I do recommend one.
Dont listen to those dudes who say you'll out grow the 600's punch, they're retarded. The dudes who say they are bored with their 600's power are usually the ones you have to sit and wait for so they can catch up to the rest of the group.

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you want a bike that you're going to keep, why not look at an SV650S? It has the sporty look, it's light, and a ton of fun. Of course, I'm kind of partial...

·
Registered
380 Posts
Get what you want. There is no formula for buying a bike. Get what you like and what feels good to you. Bikes are only as fast as you ride them. If you ride like a dumbass then get a 250. If you are a responsible rider that knows his limits then get whatever the hell you want.

·
Registered
143 Posts
taziscool said:
I say you answer this question first:

My thoughts exactly....I was trying to make the mistake of upgrading the bike instead of upgrading the rider. I am glad I stayed with what I had...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts