1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Love the FZ1, congrats!

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Nice, congrats! I had one all set up for touring with Givi cases but it got totaled. A nice mod if you decide you don't like the bars, is to swap the bars and Risers from an FZ8. Direct swap, cheap from bikebandit.com, and I find then much more comfortable.

I had the gray/black one, but the black and white on yours looks way better.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
Looks great. I'd forger the exhaust and just buy tank bags n tailbag and tanks of fuel. A Yamaha dealership was closing a while back and I tried to get one. I gave up when I was able to get better deals from other dealerships.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
They are absolutely fantastic, ride all day bikes. They respond great to mods, and they sound amazing with aftermarket cans, such as Scorpion GPs and MIVV carbon fibers. You'll love it. Not to mention this fantastic website, one of the best riding community sites on the net, IMO.
http://www.yamahafz1oa.com/
Congrats :D

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
They are absolutely fantastic, ride all day bikes. They respond great to mods, and they sound amazing with aftermarket cans, such as Scorpion GPs and MIVV carbon fibers. You'll love it. Not to mention this fantastic website, one of the best riding community sites on the net, IMO.
Yamaha FZ1 Owners Association (FZ1OA)
Congrats :D
Word, I learned a lot about bikes in general from that site. Very knowledgeable members there and I've never read any nonsense about technical/mechanical topics.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Great bike. I had a Shift Red '06. Bought in a crate, new. The closest dealer to me has several of last years's, both 1, and 8's. He wants 5,999 for the FZ-8. He doesn't think he can sell them with the FZ-09 starting to come in. I'm afraid to go in there.
It wouldn't be the first time I went into a dealer for a part and rode home on a new bike.
I must have "Sucker" tattooed on my forehead.
Be careful with second. First will get you to just under 100 and then second bounces your eyeballs off the back of your hat.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Oh, one more mod that really did wonders for my FZ1 was braided steel front brake lines and sintered HH pads. The calipers and master cylinder are very nice quality, but the rubber hoses and pads Yamaha put on them at the factory really hold them back.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Enlightened
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Great bike. I had a Shift Red '06. Bought in a crate, new. The closest dealer to me has several of last years's, both 1, and 8's. He wants 5,999 for the FZ-8. He doesn't think he can sell them with the FZ-09 starting to come in. I'm afraid to go in there.
It wouldn't be the first time I went into a dealer for a part and rode home on a new bike.
I must have "Sucker" tattooed on my forehead.
Be careful with second. First will get you to just under 100 and then second bounces your eyeballs off the back of your hat.
I was seriously thinking about waiting for the FZ-09. Then I came across this FZ1 for $7490 and decided not to pass it up. I'm sure it's the better choice for me. It does everything I want it to do, it's comfortable, and I love white bikes.

·
Registered
380 Posts
really nice bike.
!st Generation FZ1 are better, just ask over on the FZ1oa forum

1 - 20 of 23 Posts