Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided that my F4i is perfect for me as far as carving corners and commuting, so I have added a dual sport to my stable. This morning I purchased a 1997 Suzuki DR 350 with a TON of aftermarket accessories, all to the tune of $1100. It is not street legal yet, I need to put the signals and brake light back on. What a blast though, it is SO much different than riding a sportbike. You sit up high and the thing is so lightweight with quite a bit of torque. Riding it offroad is an absolute blast, and I look forward to enjoying all of the great mountain trails around here.

On a side note, I just about broke my leg unloading the bike from my trailer when I got it home. I just got the trailer and I have never unloaded one by myself before. I released one of the tie downs and BAM the bike crashes down on my leg, pinning it against the side rail. I guess I need to figure out a better way to unload the trailer myself. So, I had my first drop on my new bike before it even touched the ground

:mad:

ahh well, the bike is fine and I am limping around the house :D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
sweet bike. dual-sports are a blast. that's how i learned to ride. if i end up with 2 bikes next year, i'm either going with a naked sv650 or a super motard.

·
Super Moderator
4,658 Posts
That looks like it will be alot of fun! Enjoy.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
That is awsome, take some pictures of ya offroad if you get a chance

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I had two DR350s. Bulletproof, dependable, all around excellent bikes. Even better with the magic button (e-start) Just sold my 94 to my brother and bought a KTM 520. Talk about a HUGE step up. I got tired of the HEAVY HEAVY, (relitevely) underpowered 350. He bored it out to a 440 and now it has a little more, but man, the KTM is unreal! Go Orange.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
nice bike. my friend got a 200 and its great. runnin it straight pipe and its loud! and Chris, that first pick is sweet! reminds me of trail ridin my friends four wheeler!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks folks. it has a flat front tire which I am going to attempt to change tomorrow morning. then I am off to Wind Rock for 70,000 acres of mountain trails. Should be a blast, and I will definitely get pics sometime soon.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I miss riding off road. I want to pick up a dirtbike when I get back to the US

1 - 13 of 13 Posts