Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Lowlife
7,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am stoked! :cheers ...After deliberating about keeping my current bike, or getting a new one (different), then was time to decide which bike. First, the main contenders were the zx9&10 or maybe the 636...Then I got to looking at insurance rates, and changed my mind. Basically my insurance would have tripled with either of the 9 or 10..about the same on the 636. But.........the more I looked at the triumph, the more I liked it.....so I decided to look for the color I wanted..BLACK.
I found a special edition 2004 955i with 8k miles on it.
Mod list:
Triump carbon fiber exhaust
Race tech gold valve cartridges
Dynojet power commander (with pro tuning)
heli bars
carbon yoke
double bubble dark smoke windscreen
sprockets
has new plugs, tires, and proper maintence completed, all records..
oh yeah assorted carbon fiberish stuff..most notably the frame guards, and triple tree cover.
I just got back from a 60 or so mile ride. The sound is just right (3cylinder) not too loud, and has a fairly deep rumble to it. The handling is far superior to what I have been riding, and even better than what I had expected. The power is obviously insane, especially at low to mid range. I didnt try to wring it out just yet, but it gets to 100 in a hurry. The front wheel lifts off the ground very easily. For those reasons, I just took it easy, and am going to continue to do so until I feel like I have the feel for it.
So far I am glad I went with the Triumph. It isn't something you see a bunch of and I really like black on a bike! :phatyo Hopefully my pics aren't too big, but if they are, I will have someone resize them....I dunno how :bitchslap

Attachments

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
Very, very nice! congratulations. Let us know how you like the triple...

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
That is a nice looking bike.
I especially like the single sided swing arm.

How does insurance compare on the 955 to your old Katana 750 (that is what you had right?)?
I would have thought insurance to be cheaper for a 636 than a 955 - do they not base most of the cost on displacement?

Oh yeah - edit your profile - it still shows that you ride the Katana.

·
V-twin anyone?
2,161 Posts
I hope you got a good deal on it. Very nice list of mods that you don't have to go through and very nice looking.

Now at the strike of midnight at each full moon, you'll have to let her rip. HOOOWWWLLL!!!! ouuuu ouuuuu!!!! <---and I am NOT an OU fan!

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Congrats! She's really pretty! :beer

·
Head Rooster
3,438 Posts
fuckin sweet man!

·
Lowlife
7,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hozhead said:
That is a nice looking bike.
I especially like the single sided swing arm.

How does insurance compare on the 955 to your old Katana 750 (that is what you had right?)?
I would have thought insurance to be cheaper for a 636 than a 955 - do they not base most of the cost on displacement?

Oh yeah - edit your profile - it still shows that you ride the Katana.
My bad..that didn't come out right.
the zx9 and zx10 would have raised my insurance 3fold....the 636 about $120 or so a year more....the 955i is $250 or so higher yearly for full coverage...it seems that they are classified as a sport tourer whereas the zx line is classifed race replica. I am still paying for the displacement, just not for the rr squid magnet factor...
ps...I tried to change my profile...and I hit submit....yet nothing happens..I'll try later, thanks for the reminder.

·
Lowlife
7,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hams51 said:
I hope you got a good deal on it. Very nice list of mods that you don't have to go through and very nice looking.

Now at the strike of midnight at each full moon, you'll have to let her rip. HOOOWWWLLL!!!! ouuuu ouuuuu!!!! <---and I am NOT an OU fan!
I think I got a good deal considering all the cash dropped into it by someone else. I paid $6,500....I tallied all the receipts to just over $4,000 :banana .
I didnt think that was bad at all for a modded out 04 that I wanted anyhow. Others are going for the same or more with less goodies and worst condition.

thanks to the other posters for the kind words ! :cheers

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
nice looking bike, congrat's.

·
V-twin anyone?
2,161 Posts
Very good deal!!! You definitely came out on top on that one.

Did I mention that the bike looked nice?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Very Nice +1 for the having a elusive bike. I bet your the only guy in your area with that bike. That's always nice!!

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Nice ride! It seems to fit your username very well. :dblthumb

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
SSSSccchweeeeettttt bike!! Congrats!!

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
VERY sweet bike man!!! :dblthumb
I'm also not a big fan of riding what everyone else is just because everyone else is! There's soooooo many nice bikes out there to choose from... why follow the crowd? :fiddy

·
Flyin' Low
756 Posts
Oh man, that's an awesome bike. Congratulations. Not something you see everyday. You'll be turning a lot of heads with that one!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts