Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i cant wait to get it done. i have heard that 929s are great bikes. i have a 1990 zx-600d now and going to this bike.. i cant wait..
paid $2500 usd as it sits. needs about 1500 to 2000 to be completely restored.. so 4000 for a 2001 929rr not a bad deal....

Attachments

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Doesn't look like it's in too bad of shape, but if it hasn't been checked already make sure the frame and swingarm are PERFECTLY straight, or you are asking for trouble. Nice find....

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
not bad, but I knew where you could find one just like it minus all the work and full of great mods for $5500

keep us up to date on the work on progress, and dont forget to take pictures.. :D

·
rebel litre
3,748 Posts
nice find bruh... good luck with it. keep us updated

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have seen it in person. all it needs is plastic and sator and sator cover... o and needs brake resivor.. not bad.. very much worth it. thanks guys...

how do u guys like ur 929rr.. anything i should look for..

·
Registered
912 Posts
HOtbodies undertail for it. k/n air filter. double bubble windscreen.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i found out that a k/n air filter restricts the 929 cause it is smaller.. so far i have the stator i need the brake master cylinder and resavior, and stator cover. all for only $225. so i hope to have the rest in about 1 or 2. and have her running..

·
Registered
222 Posts
bdavis24 said:
i found out that a k/n air filter restricts the 929 cause it is smaller.. so far i have the stator i need the brake master cylinder and resavior, and stator cover. all for only $225. so i hope to have the rest in about 1 or 2. and have her running..
The 954 brake setup will work for you if you can find one, minor change in the master cyl. Stick to the stock air filter, or a BMC if you have the itch for a reuseable. Doesn't look too bad though, some good ebay shopping and you could get it back together cheap. If you need a swingarm I have a mint one sitting in my basement, rear axle, suspension linkages and dogbone.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nice thank sirkbac for the advice. looked it all rdy has a k&n in it. next week im going to get the rest to get it running... i cant wait... i miss haveing bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts