Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all...

Well, after careful considation I decided to go ahead with a 1994 Yamaha FZR1000. It's in outstanding shape for being 10 years old, and only has 6,905 miles. My "baby" has a D&D slip-on, 2nd stage jet kit, new rear tire, all new fluids, recent tune-up, the carbs were just cleaned and synched, new spark pug wires and coils, and runs like a clock. The guy I bought it from was the second owner and has owned it since 1995. Obviously the bike hasn't been riden much and has many years of life still in her. I've done a lot of ready about the FZR1000 and all the reviews said it's an outstanding bike and received negative remarks only because it's heavier than todays supersports. I believe that it weighs roughly 510 lbs wet but kicks out some huge horsepower and torque. And here's the best part... paid $3,500, and he delivered it to my front door. I hadn't planned on buying such a large cc bike but who can pass up a deal like that??

If any of you happen to ride a FZR1000 or have any comments good OR bad, please pass them on.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
You're straight up DEAD. See you in the obituaries. Nobody should be riding anything other than a Big Wheel until they're 35.

/congratulations, looks sweet, great deal, and good luck finding orange/purple gear.

·
Void where prohibited
248 Posts
Wow, that looks like brand new! Enjoy!

·
Registered
558 Posts
are those graphics or paint? if graphics and they aren't under the clear coat I'd take em off... that bike would look killer all black.

also, congrats.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Weaver,

Thanks for your vote of confidence. I'm not 35, but hell close enough? Lots of power in her so I'll have to take it slow for the next three years until I get OLD. Wish I could do some riding today but it's been pretty warm here for the last few days so I'll just wait.
Still not crazy about the colors of the bike but I have no plans of buying new gear. Blue riding gear is gonna have to be good enough.

·
Registered
522 Posts
nice fizzer, congrats!

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
neutom72 said:
Hi all...

Well, after careful considation I decided to go ahead with a 1994 Yamaha FZR1000. It's in outstanding shape for being 10 years old, and only has 6,905 miles. My "baby" has a D&D slip-on, 2nd stage jet kit, new rear tire, all new fluids, recent tune-up, the carbs were just cleaned and synched, new spark pug wires and coils, and runs like a clock. The guy I bought it from was the second owner and has owned it since 1995. Obviously the bike hasn't been riden much and has many years of life still in her. I've done a lot of ready about the FZR1000 and all the reviews said it's an outstanding bike and received negative remarks only because it's heavier than todays supersports. I believe that it weighs roughly 510 lbs wet but kicks out some huge horsepower and torque. And here's the best part... paid $3,500, and he delivered it to my front door. I hadn't planned on buying such a large cc bike but who can pass up a deal like that??

If any of you happen to ride a FZR1000 or have any comments good OR bad, please pass them on.

Thanks!

I like it. Older bikes are cool. Especially big older bikes.

I want to get an FZR1000 myself...or an old Gixxer 1100 or something.

·
Registered
317 Posts
too hot to ride? you sound like a pussy! hahah!!1!oneoneone!! i'm just fucken with ya...that's an outstanding looking bike...nothin at all wrong with older bikes...there was the old school before there was the new shit...7k miles? that bitch just beggin to be flogged...get the hell out there!!!!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
I love that color scheme, don't let any one talk you into changing it, you don't see that on new bikes, and it is beautiful.

God Bless

·
Registered
321 Posts
neutom72 said:
Hi all...

Thanks!

Congrats dude, looks like you scored nice. The dam thing looks brand phuckin new!!! :)

Enjoy, be safe, and put some phuckin miles on her!!! :)

ceh
2001 GSX R1000
2003 RC51
(63 & fast)

·
Registered
569 Posts
Holy crap... that's the original paint scheme? Looks kinda cool.

·
Super Moderator
4,659 Posts
that's freaking beautiful! I love FZR1000s. You got one hell of a deal.

·
Registered
268 Posts
nice ride brother, older bikes can usually keep up with newer ones just fine.

Keep the shiney side up, 10 more years and it'll be a classic! Take care of her and it'll last that long, easy.

·
Registered
681 Posts
neutom72 said:
Hi all...

And here's the best part... paid $3,500, and he delivered it to my front door. I hadn't planned on buying such a large cc bike but who can pass up a deal like that??
Considering you paid $100 under retail...it wasn't a good deal in my book. JMHO

1 - 20 of 23 Posts