Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most stupid and dangerous decision i ever made in my life. I rode an ZXR750 for a short while some 15 years ago, still dont no how to turn really well. Maybe im too old at 30+, because im scared shitless everytime i get on it in the 1st 3 days.
But after 500 miles in 10 days, im really loving this thing. Just got to learn not to fall coming out of my own garage.

Lastly i will never recommend any GOOD friends to ride. Riding is like doing a a fresh girl without a condom, u never know what you gonna get, or you are just an accident waiting to happen. SERIOUSLY.

·
Banned
2,680 Posts
:popcorn Thats a badass bike, oh um, don't worry bout the posts that are surely coming once the morning crew gets on. And welcome to SBN :twofinger

·
Registered
708 Posts
Wow that's swell!!!!!! Remember to get your Kevlar thong to ride in so, you don't get rash on the ole :banana . Happy trails buddy. BAAAGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

·
Registered
270 Posts
johnsrr said:
Lastly i will never recommend any GOOD friends to ride. Riding is like doing a a fresh girl without a condom, u never know what you gonna get, or you are just an accident waiting to happen. SERIOUSLY.

Riding is not nearly as dangerous if you take the time to learn what your doing and ride an appropriate vehicle. It's bad enough that you would start out on a liter bike, but a limited edition one at that. Thats just dumb. :rolleyes

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Welcome to SBN :twofinger

I won't bother with the flaming since you already understand why everyone is going to make those comments.
I will cry a little inside for the bike you'll surely dump more than just once while coming out of the garage (I bet you cried too).

I will also say, THAT'S A DAMN NICE BIKE. I love the Repsol 1000RR. Get yourself to MSF and learn to keep that thing shiny.

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
Lol.... take it easy it was a bad weekend riding here in DC, One doa, two lowsides (that I was there for) and another good friend of mine was t-boned. (he's OK)

thats a lot, errrr too much to start out on. At least it was pretty.

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
Oh. Welcome To SBN :twofinger

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
yea I know this is commin... :popcorn

·
Sidehacker Extraordinaire
2,305 Posts
Hey the fact that you're scared shitless may be a sign that you are responsible enough to handle it. Of course responsibility means nothing when you drop the bike, it happens to everyone. Congrats on the purchase.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Beautiful bike! Be careful with that throttle, and look through your turns (don't target fixate in corners) and you should be fine. :squid :beer

·
Registered
47 Posts
I wonder how many of these "I just bought my first bike and it's a liter bike" are people trolling for the big negative response.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
<---- Jealous...

MC, who wants to move up from my 250 CC.

·
Banned
1,097 Posts
I wonder how many of these "I just bought my first bike and it's a liter bike" are people trolling for the big negative response.
Yeah I agree. No offense to the guy who posted, but it would only take about 3 seconds of browsing this site to figure out what everyone's response would have been. But how fun is that really? Do people sit at home and conspire to clog the forum with redundant pages? I hope not, it can't be that much fun.

John, be careful. And yes, YOU are an accident waiting to happen, but a responsible and experienced rider isn't.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Unless you had some super good reason why you couldnt pass that bike up(other than it being awesome) then i think that was one of the dumbest things you could have done... having a bad ass bike doesnt make you a bad ass... not that you said you are but what would be the point of bying it unless you wanted to impress some of your friends. you sure as hell didnt buy it because you thought you could handle it... oh wait... haha im just messing but you better go through the msf course soon!! you dont want to become a statistic.

·
Ducati Twins Rock
267 Posts
Park it, take the MSF and then buy a beater 250 or 500 and actually LEARN to ride, including "taking corners well". The bike will still be there and you will be a much better rider for it. It's all about risk management.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Beautiful bike. I just bought a 04 gix 6 for my 4th streetbike. That repsol will prob be in my garage in the spring if i find a deal to good to pass up.
Congrats

1 - 20 of 51 Posts