Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Face is a Maserati!!!
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got my case yesterday and managed to install it myself last night (this morning...) j.i.t. for Americade on Thursday.

As I have mentionned before, my understanding is that Kappa is a sister company to GIVI (Kappa is owned by the daughter of the owner of GIVI).

Parts are interchangeable amd quality seems similar (to me anyways).

Mostly, Kappa is cheaper. Paid C$230 for the Kappa vs. C$360 asking price for the same size GIVI.

I took pictures of the install along the way. If anyone is interested, just let me know and I will post them.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Where did you pickup this Kappa case?

·
Face is a Maserati!!!
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The actual cost including mounting hardware and shipping is C$440 (tax in) Was looking at over C$600 for the equivalent GIVI. (Prior post referred to top case price only).

I had to contact the distributor in Vancouver to obtain the proper parts numbers for the bike. Then contacted the seller in Montreal and had to convince them that they did in fact carry Kappa!! (It is for some reason a much lesser known brand).

The store is called Moto Folie.

As regards to the helmet, I do like it and is perfect for me. Visor is easy to remove. Can't compare though, never owned another!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Salut Daniel,

Thanks for the pics... I have ordered and still waiting for a Givi Color match Top Case and was afraid that the brackets would be very ugly; I can't say that they are pretty but they are not sooo bad.

I was just wondering if the stop light is still sufficiently visible; I guess I am a worrier but I am afraid that the morons in their cage won't see me. :rolleyes

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Tell us how it feels at speed. I've heard shake can be significant.

·
Face is a Maserati!!!
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Made it back from Americade tonight! WoW! I mean really. WWooowWWW !!!

Never saw so many bikes in one place. And very little in terms of sportsbikes and sport touring. Mostly Harleys and other wannabees and twins.

And of all the bikes that I saw there, I saw one, only ONE....., other FZ6!

But I digress.

Came back home thru a lot of twisties and must say the Top case doesn't let itself be felt at all!!! I had the bike to 110 mph and again, nothing. I kept twisting my shoulder to the side to make sure it was still there.

The only difference I did see, to be fair, is on acceleration.

It appears that the combination weight on the back and drag makes the front a tad lighter! And so yes, i felt the front come up a few times. But nothing that was exagerated.

Also, got caught in some serious downpour. Everything in the Kappa was dry. (Wish i could say the same for the tankbag!!!)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts