Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got her home safe and sound. Dealer was fabulous...gave me a full tank of gas and the gold treatment.

Only two things marred my day. About 5 minutes before I was due to leave, the local Kawasaki dealer called me up to blast me for not having the bike sent to his dealership so he could make money on it. What nerve!!! I have never liked this dealer and that is the reason I went to the next town to deal with the purchase. Kawasaki Canada gave me the option of who I wanted to deal with so, it was my decision. And after that phone call I am even more sure of my decision.

The second thing was the dealership received 2 Ninja 250's, and thank goodness, because one of the two (both were green) was damaged in the crate. Fairing smashed on the right side, as well as some of the hardware. But looking at the VIN # on my bike, they gave me the wrong ownership. My ownership does not match the VIN# on my bike. I am sure they will deal with it in the AM.

anyway, the bike runs like a top and is just flawless! Not to mention gorgeous!

Here are pics!

Attachments

·
rebel litre
3,748 Posts
nice ! that was a pretty fast turn around!

·
FZ6 Corner Carver
12,159 Posts
+1^^^ congrats

·
Wildcat Fanatic
1,519 Posts
Great looking bike, klouseau! Congratulations on FINALLY getting everything worked out and getting the bike home!

You definitely made the right decision as far as dealers go, judging by what you said about the dealer calling you. How unbelievably stupid is that??? Don't they know that you'll tell the story about how he berated you for not going through him??? Doesn't he know he'll lose business because of it?

Anyway, congratulations!

·
Beware the drop bears
480 Posts
Congrats on the replacement :banana
That dealer sounds like a tool,I bought my FZ6 from my local kawasaki dealer and they were brilliant,actually the salesman that I dealt with sold me a GPZ1000 back in 1993 ,lol

·
Go-Cart Mozart
3,177 Posts
Outstanding!!

Nice to see your new ride! Congrats and be safe!

·
Super Moderator
18,635 Posts
I am in no way a Kawi guy, but I can't help but say...............................

Sweet freakin' bike :dblthumb

Congrats!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Grats and good luck!

I dunno what it is with motorcycle dealers. Ive been in retail for way too many years. Customer service is habitual to me. But, time after time I go into dealerships and Im amazed at how bad they are at basic service.

Think about it, dealers want to see you a multi-thousand dollar machine that for most riders is a luxury item. And, once bought, most of us will go back to that exact place for parts and service. A Ford purchaser can go to Autozone for parts. A Yamaha purchaser will almost always go to a Yamaha dealer. Not always of course, thanks to the internet, but mostly. A Chevy buyer can go to Walmart for a hat. A cyclist doesnt have as many places to buy a helmet.

I go into a fair number of these places mostly just to kick the tires. The dealer doesnt know that. Maybe I decided that yep, todays the day. Or maybe, next week Ill get hit by Granny and need a new bike. Guess what, Ill remember the places that treated me right.

This doesnt mean I need a BJ from the salesman everytime I go into the place. How about making eye contact, greeting me. Asking if I need some help. These are pretty basic concepts in customer service. A lot of dealers fail at them, in my opinion.

Sorry, didnt mean to rant. Just got in from work and I'm pretty woozy.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Got her home safe and sound. Dealer was fabulous...gave me a full tank of gas and the gold treatment.

Here are pics!
Congratulations. I rode one that Kawasaki had in their demo fleet at Mid Ohio VMD several weeks ago. Really fun bike. I thought well worth the price for the fun you can have with it. The demo bike was completely broken in with about 2500 miles on it, so it could be ridden hard. I kept the revs up between 9K and 11K most of the ride and found it to have good performance in that range.

·
Registered
11 Posts
back here in Singapore.
that 250 will set me back around SGD$11 to 12k if i were to ride it on the road.

how much you paid for yours?

·
FEAR the stapler...
1,230 Posts
It's the best thing that comes in a crate that's for sure...

So being every bike I've owned is used... do you get to keep the crate?

·
Forever the Man
2,901 Posts
Glad you got the bike home! Dealer is a real jerk. I'm a service mgr. for a copier dealership and you treat the customer like they were your momma.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Congrats on the new Ninja250! Time to put on one of those horn mods to blast crazy ass drivers out of your way!

Enjoy your new ride!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts