Sport Bikes banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So hey there bikers...Just bought my new 07...Candy red

So I know about the stupid headlight thing and was gonna do the conversion but I got to thinking...

Since it is legal to drive with your high beams on in California and seeing as how it certainly does increase your visability at all times night or day for yourself and for others to see you, I'm thinking, hey just leave it alone.

Also, stock "flash to pass function" is way more noticeable than it would be with the conversion. This guy I kinda know who has a FZ6 put his next to mine. We compared the flashes and 5 people agreed the stock set up was way more noticable..even bizzaar, like, "holy cow, whats that? I better get the bleep out the way!"

Anybody rolling with philosophy? Waz U think?

·
Saratogian
3,627 Posts
Blinding people with your highbeams is not cool whether it is legal or not. I've had people flash their lights at me when I was running my highbeam so it is obviously noticeable and bothersome.

My philosophy - don't be a dick and do the $2 conversion.

·
Registered
716 Posts
DefyInertia said:
Blinding people with your highbeams is not cool whether it is legal or not. I've had people flash their lights at me when I was running my highbeam so it is obviously noticeable and bothersome.

FL states for motorcycles to run high beams at all times unless it is foggy or "after dusk". No one should be "blinded" by a highbeam in anything other than near complete darkness.

If someone flashes you for having your high-beam on at a proper time, eh, umm "ignore it"

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DefyInertia said:

First of all, I really don't ride much when its dark, vitually never. The highbeams do nothing to blind or disturb other drivers during the day, they really only serve to make me more visible. And as for flash to pass, although I don't use the function much, when I do it will be more noticable.

Although, I'm trying to justify not doing the converion, I do want to...I just feel the safety factor is there more with the stock set up.

With a few more compelling reasons from anyone, I'll probably just do it. Is there anyone out there who feels the way I do on this?

·
Registered
214 Posts
I ride with the highbeams on during the day, but I toggle the high on/off if I think someone will turn left in front of me. I think it gets their attention much more than two steady low beams. Haven't tried a modulator though, my thumb modulator is much cheaper.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I ride with high beam on during the day too, and do the same flashing technique SpideyRex does when I see a left turner. At night though, the high beam is useful only for when you are looking far ahead. I just did the mod on my 07 tonight and then went for a ride. Huge difference, especially with Silverstars! The fullness of light with both low beams gives you a much better picture of what's immediately in front of you at moderate speeds. I think I'll rarely turn on the high beams now, because the dual lows are that good. I'd highly recommend doing the mod!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts