Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a 05 RC51 a couple of weeks ago. Man I love this thing, more comfortable than my old CBR900rr. The sound with the Satos is amazing.
Here are a few pics. Has all the goodies just need to change the gearing.

Satos
Corbin Seat
Helibars
KN air/oil filters
Trex Frame sliders
flush mount signals
undertail
PCIII / Dan Kyle map

Attachments

·
Registered
955 Posts
I didnt even know helibars would fit with that cockpit, do you hit your hands on the fairing when you hit the steering stop? Anyway looks great. Definitely a bike i would not mind owning, wish honda still made it!

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Very nice mwatson110, congrats and welcome to the club!

·
Registered
645 Posts
nice, that bike will be a totally different bike with a gear change, 15x42 is the love. i really dont see those bars having a place on a rc, but if it floats yar boat :beer

·
Registered
16 Posts
Great lookin bike. What type of undertail do you have? I'm looking for a new one. Can you post pics of the back.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
645 Posts
i see we are in the same neck of the woods, ive got a map thats pretty good, it a pc3r map, if you wanna try it shoot me your addy

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
congrat's on a good looking bike.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks

thanks for all the comments guys. I put around 200 miles on the beast last weekend. Man this bike is fun. we kept a good pace nothing stupid. We rode
trails on Sat (stayed at a buddies cabin)then rode the street bikes up thru blueridge - morganton down 60 thru Suches then back to Dawsonville. I love the sound of this thing coming out of corners. We found a new way to load the bikes in the truck too.

Attachments

·
V-twin anyone?
2,161 Posts
Ah man. Two V-twins rumbling through the mountains! The townspeople must've got skirred! Did you guys swap bikes for a bit? I'm wondering how that Prilla compares to the RC.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We also ride with a guy that has a Superhawk with Jardins. It has to sounds pretty ominous. My brothers Mille is real nice, he has never let me ride his, but I have never let him ride my RC either. We were at TWO and his Italian Diva gets all the comments, then I fire mine up with the Satos and it will get some looks.

·
Another day lived!
2,288 Posts
In the best color too. Congrats.

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts
Ah man. Two V-twins rumbling through the mountains! The townspeople must've got skirred! Did you guys swap bikes for a bit? I'm wondering how that Prilla compares to the RC.
From 2003 Masterbike at Jerez:

2003 Aprilia RSV-R Lap 1.53.842, 120hp, 74tq, 426lbs wet

2003 Aprilia RSV Lap 1.55.178, 116hp, 74tq, 463lbs wet

2003 Honda RC-51 Lap 1.56.660, 122hp, 73tq, 482lbs wet

The RC-51 is my second favorite V-Twin.

Awesome bike. Congrats! :cheers

·
center of an asian pop
3,480 Posts
wow! gorgeous bike! :boink
Congrats!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts