Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today I hoped on my mountain bike for the first time in months (since I got my F4i).

Holy crap! I forgot how to ride it. It was really strange to be that high over the center of balance, to be sitting that upright, and to have handlebars going straight to the side instead of angled back and down like my clip-ons. I also kept looking for mirrors!
I barely figured out what was going on in time to avoid dumping it.

The worst part is that, after just a 5 mile ride, I feel like me left nut is gonna pop or fall off.
So much for trail riding with friends tonight - its back to the basics for a while or I'll just end up dragging my face through the dirt. :urowned

·
Registered
283 Posts
After I got my bike I didn't ride anybut my SV for months, then I went to the skatepark on my bmx bike, and I kept leaning off the bike into turns when carving around the concrete bowl.. caused me to eat a facefull of crap like 8 times, but it was pretty funny.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Kinna like getting back in a cage after being on the bike for 4 days straight. You keep pressing down on the gas, but it's not getting you there fast enough... HA! You expect it to hit a power band or some'um...

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
haha, I know what you mean, I got some ugly road rash from leaning a bmx bike...then having the pegs hit at it washing out..not fun.

I don't have a real problem transitioning from bike to car. I rode the bike everyday for about a month, then went and did go carts with my friend to drives a subaru and is all about race cars and crap....I whooped up on him at the little track, and almost beat the fastest time of the day....almost. Then again, I don't think I ever touched the brakes......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts