Sport Bikes banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boyfriend was very generous to purchase my first piece of riding gear, a pair of A* gloves. Because alot of stores/dealerships around here either don't carry, or have a limited selection of women's apparel, I had to guess on the size of the gloves. We just got them in the mail, and I tried them on. The fingers are a bit long (can deal with it), but the palm and the back of the hand is tight. I know after wearing them for a while will help to break them in.

Not too sure about getting the next size because like I said before the length of the fingers are a bit long already. Also, I don't get much riding in right now because I don't have a bike... I ride with my bf, or one of our friends. So I would only be using the gloves about once a week, if that, right now.

I know with baseball gloves you can use some household products to help break it in.

* I was wondering if there was anything else I can do to help the process along?

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Back in the 70's I coated my baseball glove with baby oil and it still looks like it is brand new.

The only other way I know to break in leather is to use it.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I first ordered some medium alpinestars gloves and they were way too small, so I switched to large, and they didn't seem much better. I had to wiggle my hands around just to get them to slide in, but after riding for awhile they fit great and my hands slide right in.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys.

I figured it would be just to use them, sweat, etc. I hardly get a chance to use them, which is the problem right now. I ride on the back of my friends ducati, but he had an accident, and it's broken right now.

I am the geek driving my car with leather gloves on in 90* weather. haha. I know what you are thinking? L-O-S-E-R! haha. But it is the only thing I can think of to get them to loosen up, and break in. We will see if it actually works.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts