Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Looks much better now. I used to drive a 92 Civic hatch just like that, mine had that same hatch spoiler and 16" wheels too. It was about performance (B18B turbo w/ MT E/T street tires) not rice. What kind of performance mods does it have?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Does it have the Vtec engine, i want to get a CRX Del Sol 1.6 16v Vtec once i get a full time job next year. I can wish :lol

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
updated pics with the new rims

Its got a ls/vtec
b16 head
b16 tranny
act clutch
jg intake manifold
skunk 2 catback exhaust

Attachments

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
I like the new ones, I've always liked black rims on Civic H/B's though. maybe polish the lip? Also, what kind of rims are those? Are the lighter than the old rims? If so, it's fine by me. :)

·
Registered
765 Posts
The black wheels are not bad, but they would look better with polished rims IMHO.

btw - an LS/VTEC, aka 'Frankenstein' consists of a 1.8L bottom end, GSR heads and a GSR tranny.

Nice color choice - appears to be the same color as the 350Z - Sunset. A definite improvement over the 'rice look' (free advertising and bad graphic design) she previously had.

·
Banned
1,553 Posts
I like the new rims. The black rims accent the black spoiler...and every other black piece on the car really. It all fits together...versus those old, generic-looking rims. I'd say it's an improvement.

·
Registered
765 Posts
It seems we need a quick English lesson, so here goes. Not being 'holier than thou', but I hate seeing terms used incorrectly and people not knowing the difference. Just some info guys/gals to make you a little bit smarter. ;)

rim
n.
  1. The usually curved or circular border or edge of an object.
  2. The circular outer part of a wheel, furthest from the axle.
  3. A circular metal structure around which a wheel tire is fitted.
wheel
n.
  1. A solid disk or a rigid circular ring connected by spokes to a hub, designed to turn around an axle passed through the center.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Yeah, I hate when people do that too. They say, "check my 22" rims" I just laugh and say "where? you mean the wheels?" they say "yeah, the rims" :lol

·
Registered
912 Posts
Wow nice car....NOT

·
Registered
82 Posts
The only time black rims look good is if they are on a car of significant value. Ive seen blacked out audi's and range rovers that look good with those kind of rims, it brings a sort of elegance to them. But when you throw them on a 3,000 dollar honda it just makes it look like the hub caps fell off and your rollin a beater.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts