Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was just wondering if anybody is in the same boat as me?? Does anybody else here Girlfriend,Wife,Boyfriend etc.. get mad about how much time you spend on your bike, working on your bike or the amount of money you spend on your bike. Just curious because I'm always hearing shit about the bike all the time. She is right I do spend allot of time doing bike stuff but she has to understand that it's my release from things. In her defense she doesn't preach about whole safety thing and she enjoys riding as much as I do. So I'm like which is it?? You want to ride on it but you don't want me to spend the time to make sure everything is running right. Who knows I'm just venting here but anybody else go through the same thing?? I'm :urowned

·
Registered
488 Posts
My chick is completely supportive of the motorcycle habbit that I'm addicted to.. She buys me shit for it and helps with most aspects of it. Although she does complain that when I'm zoned into the bike, I ignore the shit out of everything else.. But she cant really bitch because she is the same way with horses and I have been just as supportive of her hobby as she has been of mine.. So to answer your question.. No, I'm not going through the same thing.. lol

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
Pretty much the same thing. Women can spend thousands of dollars on shoes and clothes and hours in the bathroom getting ready, but we a re selfish assholes for tinkering/riding our bikes. Yes, it is my outlet too. Most women simply don't get it. If we spent the money on a couch or new curtains, it would be OK.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Maybe she needs a bike too! That did it for me. I hated my husband talking about, working on, and riding all the time, but it was only because I was jealous.... now I have my bike and I am worse than he is!! :slaugh

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
mines kinna a 50/50 thing. The bf's supports my bike habit but there are catches. For instance he doesn't want me to ride with people (guys :rolleyes ) he doesn't know (not like there a lot of girls here in Ky that ride, HELL none in my town at all) I can't do track days unless he's there, etc etc etc.. So basically, I'm stuck riding alone, which to me, is more dangerous then riding with people I've just met. hmmmmmmm.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
njssli22 said:
My chick is completely supportive of the motorcycle habbit that I'm addicted to.. She buys me shit for it and helps with most aspects of it. Although she does complain that when I'm zoned into the bike, I ignore the shit out of everything else.. But she cant really bitch because she is the same way with horses and I have been just as supportive of her hobby as she has been of mine.. So to answer your question.. No, I'm not going through the same thing.. lol
I knew you had it good, I could just tell by your Avitar :) By the way is that you and your girl. I hope it is cause that would be sweet.

·
Registered
488 Posts
yea she hated me riding with people that i didnt know.. especially people that i meet through the forums I belong to.. But what are you gonna do.. If she met a stranger to ride with while jumpin her horse, I'd be fine with it..Also, most guys that ride horses the way she does are gay anyway.. So maybe thats why I'm fine with it..

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hottpinkbike said:
Maybe she needs a bike too! That did it for me. I hated my husband talking about, working on, and riding all the time, but it was only because I was jealous.... now I have my bike and I am worse than he is!! :slaugh
There is no way my girl would get a bike, it's just not in her. I would be nice though.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
japbike said:
mines kinna a 50/50 thing. The bf's supports my bike habit but there are catches. For instance he doesn't want me to ride with people (guys :rolleyes ) he doesn't know (not like there a lot of girls here in Ky that ride, HELL none in my town at all) I can't do track days unless he's there, etc etc etc.. So basically, I'm stuck riding alone, which to me, is more dangerous then riding with people I've just met. hmmmmmmm.
I hear you on that. I can be a little like your B.F. too. But your right about the riding alone thing, it would be nice if you had someone to ride with.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
Mine never complains about the bike. She knows my life revolves around bikes. I paint them for a living and ride them when I am done. She tells me to go ride all the time. I f I don't go out long enough then she says that was a short ride why did'nt you ride longer.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dennisred69 said:
Mine never complains about the bike. She knows my life revolves around bikes. I paint them for a living and ride them when I am done. She tells me to go ride all the time. I f I don't go out long enough then she says that was a short ride why did'nt you ride longer.
Got it good bro!!

·
Registered
488 Posts
mj31 said:
I knew you had it good, I could just tell by your Avitar :) By the way is that you and your girl. I hope it is cause that would be sweet.
Yea, thats us.. We had just won a shopping spree at K-Mart and my girl got sick of walking behind the bike, so I told her to jump on but not to get mad when i pull it up at lights... :squid :cheers

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
njssli22 said:
Yea, thats us.. We had just won a shopping spree at K-Mart and my girl got sick of walking behind the bike, so I told her to jump on but not to get mad when i pull it up at lights... :squid :cheers
That's some funny shit, I always get a laugh when I look at your Avitar.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Well just remind them that at least the bike is the only other thing your "riding."

I'd say its a better hobbie than getting wasted and going to the strip club.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Power2weight said:
Well just remind them that at least the bike is the only other thing your "riding."

I'd say its a better hobbie than getting wasted and going to the strip club.
This should sum it up if I said that- :upyours :bitchslap and I wouldn't be getting any of this :leghump But I agree with you.

·
Registered
787 Posts
My GF is a little selfish sometimes and when she wants to spend time with me, she makes sure she tries to make ime feel bad if I am gonna go out on my bike. I got in her face last week when she was getting pissed about me going with my friends to ride but I didn't listen much to her. I just put my gear on and left. She was fine afterwards.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
AZZKIKER said:
My GF is a little selfish sometimes and when she wants to spend time with me, she makes sure she tries to make ime feel bad if I am gonna go out on my bike. I got in her face last week when she was getting pissed about me going with my friends to ride but I didn't listen much to her. I just put my gear on and left. She was fine afterwards.
I have been that road too, and I left like you too.

·
Registered
488 Posts
mj31 said:
This should sum it up if I said that- :upyours :bitchslap and I wouldn't be getting any of this :leghump But I agree with you.

Take charge.. Tell her if she doesnt stop bitchin then SHE dont get none of :leghump .. But then you gotta keep your eye on that chick cause she'll be :leghump another dude..Thats all good though, at least you got your bike. Remember.. chicks are unlimited..

*raise middle finger* to un supportive (in)significant others...

That was my tough guy schpeel...I would never be able to with hold sex from a willing partner..

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
njssli22 said:
Take charge.. Tell her if she doesnt stop bitchin then SHE dont get none of :leghump .. But then you gotta keep your eye on that chick cause she'll be :leghump another dude..Thats all good though, at least you got your bike. Remember.. chicks are unlimited..

*raise middle finger* to un supportive (in)significant others...

That was my tough guy schpeel...I would never be able to with hold sex from a willing partner..
If you only knew, I'm pretty good at laying it down. You should take a peak in the open forum under relationships. There is a thread titled - for those living with S/O's how etc.... My girl doesn't know how good she got it, hence my signature

·
Registered
813 Posts
It's all about moderation.. if she says you spend too much time on a bike.. maybe you should spend more quality time with her.. doesn't mean you have to stop riding or working on your bike.. there is a happy medium.. you just have to find it.

As much as I would LOVE to spend time on my bike, my first obligation is to my wife, daughters and house. Bike stuff can wait.. watching your kid take her first step can't. (BTW, my 11 month old just took her first step 2 days ago! and can take about 15-20 steps now) :)

1 - 20 of 88 Posts