Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Monday I brought home a blue one on a mototote "sport" hanging off the back of my 03 ram quad cab. What a joy loading and unloading that was compaired to having to ramp it up to the tail gate like the old knobby days. The Guys at Champion motorcycles in CM were really helpful and friendly and I would recommend anyone interested in a great deal giving Mike a call. The first day driving it to work on the 405 was held under 80 but today I managed 115 just before my exit! The Mag. reviewers of these bikes, Yamaha
and just about everyone online has talked about the tach and how hard it is to read but nobody has stated there are 2 tachs onboard! Yes for anyone interested the odo reads 2 trips and a digital tach that displays below the speedo. In my days riding a cruiser I didn't even have one so this was quite a suprise, besides who cares how many miles it has racked up and when I want to know it is a push of the select button away at any stop light. :)
Yes the power is there at the top but what a pussy cat below 6g's, I have not noticed the notchyness of the shifter or any power band abruptness others have nit picked about. I think this bike is fantastic to ride and would recommend it to anyone out there still shopping around. With my 30 + years on 2 wheelers I can state this one is the best I've rode.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Glad you are digging the FZ. I keep the digit tach on all the time....don't need to see the odo all the time. I also use trip 1 & 2 for gas mileage and atucal mileage. There is also a trip f for your reserve fuel tracker. Very nice feature!

I noticed a flat spot right around 5-6k but honestly, under the 5k mark is great cruising power and above 6k is when you light it up so it's the best of both worlds. I have over 1000 miles and am loving every minute on this bike! I used to harp about the clunky clutch but I've learned how to shift smooth as silk on this Yamaha!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad to here your still digging it!

I'm sure others have discovered that 2nd tach also, it wasn't something that would have stopped me from buying the bike (if it only had the one everyone hates) but maybe others out there are basing their new bike choices on features.

I was adjusting the handlebars last night and became a little alarmed when I went to loosen the second bolt and found it was already lose on the risers.
Funny design after looking at it closer, the one with the arrow seems to be the only one required to loosen to make any changes. I raised mine a little and it feels better now. I know it is covered in another post but it looks like the only way to properley clean under the windscreen is to remove it. I don't think Yamaha designed it with stick wrapped with a towel in mind. :rolleyes:
I ordered the tech manual yesterday since the owners manual under the seat leaves too much information out.

Does anyone know what the 2 black rubber strips are for that are in with the reading material? They look like edging for something but I can't find them menchoned anywhere.

Thanks, Charlie

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NO I have those too, these are edging for something about 10" each

·
Registered
38 Posts
charlieoneseven said:
Monday I brought home a blue one on a mototote "sport" hanging off the back of my 03 ram quad cab. What a joy loading and unloading that was compaired to having to ramp it up to the tail gate like the old knobby days.
Is it possible to post some pics of the bike on your mototote? Can you load/unload the bike without any help? Any info would be appreciated.

thanks

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Some of the Yamaha sportbikes and standards have an extra strap to hold a large U lock. Even though the space doesnt seem big enough for it, there are small slots for the lock to slide in. Im not for sure thats available on the FZ6 but bikes like the FZ1 and R6 have it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts