Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright, we were out along the river walk trail here in town riding mountain bikes, and on our way back we heard a dog barking from the other side of the river.

It wasn't a bark like it was mad or happy, it was a "Help me please" type of bark. So we turned around to look, and at first I didn't see anything. So I looked again and I thought I got a look of a dog down by the river. My friend climbed down the bank a little ways (it's about 30-40 feet up to the trail from the river, and it's fairly steep on both sides) and he saw the dog over on the other side of the river. When it saw us, we yelled to it and it started wagging it's tail, but it was obviously scared. We thought about swimming across the river to get it, but we didn't really want to swim in the river, because it's kinda disgusting. So I called the local non-emergency police line while my friend tried to make his way around to the other side of the river.

I ended up letting the girl know where we were, then I noticed my friend had made it and was starting to climb down. He was a bit nervous, because the dog appeared to be a pitbull, so we didn't know if it would be a mean one or not...but it was happy to see him, so we figured we had to try and get him up. I finished telling the girl where we were, and she told me that animal control wasn't available, but she'd see if the Fire Department could do anything.

So I got off of my cell phone and started trying to get over to where my friend was. It was a pain in the ass, because I had no clue how to get there and the spot the dog was in was right in the middle of the ghetto. I finally made it over there, and my friend had started helping the dog up. It was almost straight down, so he was holding onto small trees and pushing the dog along. The dog would try to climb a little, but then got scared and would stop. So my friend would move up a little and push him some more.

We finally got him to the top, and he was extremely happy. Who knows how long he'd been down there. He was really skinny, but that's probably because his owners didn't take good care of him. A few minutes after we got him up, the Fire Department showed up. They had a ladder truck, an ambulance, and a Fire Marshall Tahoe with them. I guess they had come looking forward to making a rescue. They saw we had the dog and suggested we ask around to see who's it was...but screw that. The dog was barking loud enough that if who ever owned it lived near there, they'd have heard it. So we decided just to take him with us.

We brought him back to my place first, and gave him some food. He ate it right up and was really nice to everyone there. A neighbor brought a dog over, and the dog we rescued jumped up to try and get it, but was wagging his tail and whining, so we figured he just wanted to play.

My friend took him home, and the dog is really good with his other dog, so he's probably gonna keep it. Gotta take it to the vet to make sure it's healthy, because nobody wants to get attached to a dog then find out it's got some crazy disease.

He's gonna post pictures of it in a few minutes, and tomorrow I'm gonna try to go back and get pictures of where we rescued him from.

**Edit**Pics are posted now. They are in the fourth post of this thread**Edit**

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Good work and im glad that turned out to be a nicer pitbull

·
Banned
730 Posts
Good karma my man, good karma. :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
It's always good, no great to hear stories like this. You're a good man...I'm sure the dog was glad you two showed up. And because he can't talk, I'll say it for him "Thank you, Thank you, Thank you" :)

·
Pre-register sex offender
1,091 Posts
hes the pics of the dog....

its so good tempered, my puppy loves him, but she cant play too tough with him because she has to go into the vet for her hip that i think is dislocated.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
That is awsome. Now getting off topic for a sec, how do the like the buisness of selling cars?

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not in it, but Exodus makes a good living at it. He gets bikes cheap every now and then. I think he got his F4i for like $4000 and got me the Ducati for $2700.

·
Banned
436 Posts
Damn, is that your home with the vettes and bikes in it or what?

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^^^

Nah, he works there. It's a dealership that he and his father run.

·
Registered
260 Posts
cool lookin dog and cool lookin floors

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SqDancerLynn1 said:
You should still try and find the owners, maybe they weren't home

Sorry, anyone who LETS a dog get as emaciated as this one is deserves to be given very small amounts of food until they are so skinny you can see all of their bones, just like the dog has had done to it.

This dog is VERY skinny. He's unhealthy skinny. Trying to find his owners would basicly be like sentencing him to death. He deserves better than what he had before, and now he'll have it!!

·
Registered
317 Posts
werd up...good find guys!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Good work man. That dog is definantly skinny, and needs some love. Glad you found a better place.

The previous owners don't deserve it.

·
Banned
730 Posts
Quite possibly the dog is too good natured for it's intended purpose (maybe they wanted a fighter or a guard dog?)and the asshole ex-owners left it. No way in hell that dog should go back.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Tarheelguy3 said:
The true measure of a man is how he treats those weaker than he. :)
Very well put.....man i love dogs and for anyone to leave one like they did should be shot. maybe they just lost him. but i doubt they gave a shit.. pitbull are good dogs aslong as their not in the hands of gangbangers and pit fighters. Man i hate fucking little pussy gangbangers. Wished America put a price on their head. Id be rich!!!! :blowme

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
good luck w/the dog and i also like the floors

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
good for you, most ppl would of just kept going... major thumbs up!!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts