Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my cast taken off yesterday and was released by my doctor to resume my normal everyday activities. I was going to wait a couple of weeks but my wrist was feeling so good I decided to take my bike around the block. Around the block turned into 130 miles of pure fun and enjoyment!!! A force within me kept taking me towards my favorite twisties. This bike is the perfect package...performance with comfort. Even with a hurt knee and a freshly uncasted wrist I felt no pain during my ride. The bike handles well...very well. I was able to take the turns I was taking on my R6 at the same speed or greater. I scrubbed off all signs of chicken strips from the back tire. The power of the FZ6 is just a little less than the power of the R6 but it is alot smoother. I am 100% satisfied with my purchase. I love the tachometer, the power, the handling, the looks, the price, and the comfort. I don't like the seat after approximately 30-40 minutes. It is not totally unbearable but as soon as Corbin or any other manufacturer makes a replacement seat, I will get one. I look forward to putting many, many, many more miles on this bike.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Kevin, it's good to see that you got your cast off already. I'm glad to hear that you love your FZ... most everyone with one does. I can't help but notice that at any given time it seems there are more people in the FZ post than any other model specific post. That's pretty impressive since the bike is brand new. I'm glad to see such a following to it, and it's good to hear that it's such a hot seller. That will just be all the better for getting manufacters to make all kinds of cool stuff for it. Take it easy Kevin, don't go and hurt yourself...

·
V-twin anyone?
2,161 Posts
Yeah...I'm glad you're well enough to ride. I broke my finger last weekend also.......but I still ride anyways....hehehe

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
brentsR6 said:
wow thats awesome kevin, did you head out to weston rd?

I did Weston along with alot of my other favorite roads. There's always too much traffic on FM455 so I head further north. As soon as my wrist gets stronger, I plan on hitting Cranfills Gap.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
You pointed out every point that I love the FZ6 for. Thanks for putting it into words.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Very well put.
I was at the Pepsi 400 in Daytona this weekend and having a great time but at several points throughout the trip a little voice in the back of my head kept echoing... "Come home and riiiiide meeeee...." No it wasnt my girlfriend. As soon as I got home yesterday I took my FZ out on an hour and a half romp around town. It felt like she missed me just as much.
Lesson learned... Never leave home without it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Great to hear your up and riding Kevin.
I would have managed that ride while the cast was still driving me crazy but you did the right thing.
I know you'll have as much fun on yours as I have had on mine.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
charlieoneseven said:
Great to hear your up and riding Kevin.
I would have managed that ride while the cast was still driving me crazy but you did the right thing.
I know you'll have as much fun on yours as I have had on mine.
Believe me, I tried but I was unable to reach the clutch handle with the cast on :D

I'm on vacation this entire week and thought I would be able to break my bike in but now it's raining :mad:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The rain finally stopped and I was able to do some more riding. I now have 500 miles on my bike and the performance and comfort of the bike still amazes me. The seat gets better each time I ride. I did 170 miles yesterday and 125 today and was only slightly bothered by the seat. The engine is loosening up and starting to shine. I will change the oil next week and prepare to take the RPM's even higher. I have ordered the Puig dark double bubble, Scorpion exhaust, and am looking for the right video cam setup for the bike.

·
Registered
205 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
virtualt said:
Here is the one I have just had delivered today and it is everything they say it is, plus it was only $54 delivered in 3 days.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2483879480&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT

Skippy
Thanks!!! I just ordered the same one! I was actually looking for a bullet cam but noticed that my mini dv cam does not have audio/video input, only output. I will use the tank mount unit then order the JR tail bag to carry my things when I want to take my camera out with me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts