Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was doing some quick adjustments to make the clutch engage sooner when I release the clutch lever and was taking the bike around the block to test out the changes. Pulled up to a stop sign that is on a semi-steep incline with my bike angled towards the way I was going to go (right), and began to put my feet on the ground when the bike started to go with the slope (falling right). It leaned too far too fast plus I wasnt wearing any shoes because I figured I was just taking it around the block. Bike hit the ground. It left a little puddle of what smelled like gasoline on the ground and I had to hold the throttle a little to get it to stay running when i tried to start it. I think the carbs got flooded. Damage: Cracked the front cowl more (this isnt the first time this bike has been dropped), and put some new scratches on it. Not a huge deal but now the piece of the cowl that connected to the right lower fairing is nearly completly seperated.

·
SBN Rookie ;-)
686 Posts
Maybe ride it as a naked bike? A friend of a friend bought a YZF with broken fairing and just turned it into a naked bike, saved big money on replacing expensive plastic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts