Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my first busa a 6 months ago. I've been riding for several years on a Katana. HEre is a pic of my baby.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
nice pic, is that a cammelback system that you have on there, and if so how do you like it when riding.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
21 natas said:
nice pic, is that a cammelback system that you have on there, and if so how do you like it when riding.
its not a real camel back got it from Target but its just as good though, (with out the name brand) I always ride with it I ride from Orange County Ca to San Diego with it(1.5hrs each way), I freeze it the night before and it lasts over 5hrs and stays cold all day. I would'nt ride more than 30 mins with out it ;)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh btw thanks on the pic this is taken by a great photo guy on Mt Palomar Kent. He's always there each weekend his website has some cool crash sequences he caught on the hill also.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
What's this guys website you are talking about? Also, congrats on riding the Busa in the twisties, I see way too many Busas where the rear tire is bare in the middle, and unused on the edges.

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
Nice picture! Not too often you see a Busa leaned over.

·
Registered
569 Posts
firefighter81 said:
What's this guys website you are talking about? Also, congrats on riding the Busa in the twisties, I see way too many Busas where the rear tire is bare in the middle, and unused on the edges.
Do me a personal favor and check the chicken strips before you judge. :D

My last rear tire was all kinds of squared off. :( ...but I had to use the bike for a few cross country trips, still went to the curvy roads every chance I get.

Anyway, congrats on the purchase. That's an ass kicker you got there!

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Well that's sorta what I meant I just didn't mention the chicken strips, thought it was sorta implied :lol

·
Registered
569 Posts
firefighter81 said:
Well that's sorta what I meant I just didn't mention the chicken strips, thought it was sorta implied :lol
doh :D

Yeah, my XX's tires are worn to the edges on the front and rear... it's just that I tend to flatspot them really bad because I do a lot of distance riding. :( But that's why I bought the bike, I got tired of feeling like my riding had to be done only on a curvy road.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thanks for the reply's guys. palomarpics.net is a run by a guy that lives a few mins from one of the great roads in So Calif. He is also a professional photographer and a big sport biker. He hangs out on the hill every weekend and snaps photos and makes them available for anyone to purchase. Guys like myself have never seen what we look like in the turn on the lean and so on so this gives you the chance to see it for real. I've been riding this hill for 3 months now and just today I hit my stride in knee dragging and was draggin on my uphill as well as my downhill runs. I"m always told what I can not do on a busa but I always say but I'm a big guy on a big bike ;) hehe and I'll decide what can and can not be done, besides I love twisties :) This is a pic of my brand new puck first ride today. BTW for me tires is another post altogether :) boy do I have opinion on that subject (specific to busa)

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Congrats!!! I'll agree with the others, good to see a Busa getting a little lean action!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts