Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Gonna go far on my GSX-R!
2,238 Posts
looks good, probably a good bike to start on too. what is it though? your profile says katana 600 but that sucker's a yamaha. fill me in

·
Asian Integrated Riders
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I originally was going to purchase a Katana 600 new but figure better to start off with a used bike so I bought this 96 Yamaha YZF600 for 2500. I need to re-edit my profile.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yeah... I started on an 03 gixxer 600. If I could do it again I would have just gotten a 750 or grand. I outgrew the 6 REAL quick. Fun to ride, just not enough balls :)

·
Gonna go far on my GSX-R!
2,238 Posts
nice, sounds like a good deal too. good idea with getting a used bike first i think. too many people want to jump on fancy new liter bikes to start off with and it almost always goes bad. good plan, have fun and wear your gear :cheers

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
cool bike and its good that you have gear already, props!

·
V-twin anyone?
2,161 Posts
Nice ride, especially for a first one. Glad you have all your gear already, that tells me you're serious about riding. Just take it slow, get to know the bike, and take it to dinner on the second night. hehehe.

·
Registered
260 Posts
first bike

nice bike.use your head and put together a set of rules "safety" that you will go by and ride within your ability.and you will have a lot of fun and more bikes.good luck and great riding///////////////////

·
DARK ANGEL
285 Posts
that bike is awesome i love the paint style and looks of it!! good choice!

·
Asian Integrated Riders
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone for the positive comments. I've always wanted to ride but never got around to buying a bike. As for gear, I have everything including the pants. I never go with my jacket, gloves and helmet. I take safe riding very seriously. I currently take a Motorcycle Safety Riding Program course. I also purchased various instructional videos on safe riding.

·
how bout dem deadskins
3,235 Posts
a friend of mine had one but w/different color scheme.. & he'd pop wheelies on the bitch, crazy.. good learner though

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
nice looking bike

·
what's up bitches
1,382 Posts
nice bike. I'm about to get the same one this week. Cept it's a 95 but same deal.

BlackYZF600, that's exactly like the bike im gonna get. :) Cept mines flat black instead of glossy. I want to change it though.

·
Asian Integrated Riders
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm having trouble with reach on my bike. I'm thinking about lowering the suspension so I can be flat-footed. Any advice or suggestions guys?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts