Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP!!! I"M A NEW RIDER!!! Triumph 675 or gixxer 750

I'm about to buy my first bike in a week. It's hard for me to decide between the 07 daytona 675 or the 07 GSXR 750 .... I like how not very many people seem to have a triumph but it seems the 750 has history. I'm 6' 220lbs. What is the better bike? Would the Triumph, being a thinner bike, be to small for me?

PLEASE HELP>>> I"M IN NEED OF IT!!!!

·
Blue Wheels
497 Posts
everyone else will say neither and tell you to start with a smaller bike. you should listen to them.

if you're set on getting one of these two, though, my suggestion is the gixxer. you have a 99.9999.9% chance of wrecking it and aftermarket/extra oem parts will be much cheaper on the gixxer. the triumph is definitely a cool bike, but for a new rider, the gsx is the way to go.

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
I'll toss in a :popcorn
pete... you might want to visit the new rider's forum.

·
cheekybeast
1,557 Posts
I like the gsxr 750 much better than the 675

I think we should have one suggestion thread where we dont choke him with suggestions of 250s and 500s

·
Registered
5,926 Posts

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Petewerkowitch read the stickies in this section CLICK ME

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've just read so many rave reviews about the Daytona winning all of these awards from the mags, but all the Suzuki riders say the 06 or 07 GSX 750 is the no brainer answer....

Can someone please help.... I'm 6' 220lbs if that matters.

Thanks,
Peter

·
All right meow...
2,719 Posts
I have a hidden fetish for Kawi's. They make an excellent starter bike. My favorite being the ZXR400

If not, go with the 675. I think it had some great reviews. One more thing, calm down. You sounded extremely frantic in your first post.

Attachments

·
cheekybeast
1,557 Posts
Well I dont know the original poster, and probably no one else does. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he can control w/e bike he decides to get...

so he asks between gsxr750 and daytona675, I'll go with the gsxr, because although I have not had the chane to ride a 750 yet, there must be a reason why it consistantly dominates in reviews

·
Mediocre Strafer
9,137 Posts
deviant56 said:
everyone else will say neither and tell you to start with a smaller bike. you should listen to them.

if you're set on getting one of these two, though, my suggestion is the gixxer. you have a 99.9999.9% chance of wrecking it and aftermarket/extra oem parts will be much cheaper on the gixxer. the triumph is definitely a cool bike, but for a new rider, the gsx is the way to go.
Good point, but the 675 would be easier to lift off of him...

KeS

1 - 20 of 121 Posts