Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got this yesterday off the forum member Spike. Hes a cool guy.. good guy to do business with. Anyways, now its my toy to mess with, and cutomize as I do with anything I get. Here is how its sitting now.

Before I even got it, I knew that the first thing to go (on any ninja 250 that i got) would be the undertail thingy. Heres what it looked like before...

And after a little jigsawing...

I also noticed that two of the three brake lights werent being used, so I figured I would hopefully be able to grab some extra attention with a few more bulbs. I only have this picture, thought I had another, but I'll get one tomorrow or whenever I take it apart again.

And last but not least, a little clip of how the extra bulbs work.
edit: im just holding the brake lever down in the video.
http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=bike_000113

I am hoping to have them blink a little faster, but for 1.99, that was a good start. (You can get flashers like this at any auto store by the fuses) They range from 1.99 - 12.99)

I took the MSF course back in april, first time I had ever ridden a bike. I ended up getting the "top dawg" award for acing the final test, and I have been searching for a bike. I havent taken this out of the garage yet, as I want to get a helmet at least first just to go up and down our road(very little traffic). I have boots, gloves, and will get a jacket and helmet, and a little time getting used to the bike before venturing into traffic.

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
Man my old bike never looked so damn good!!!

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
Sweet!!!! Congrats to both of you!!

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OFFICER737 said:
Sweet!!!! Congrats to both of you!!

Thanks.. forgot to mention that the near future it'll be getting painted. Still deciding on what color, but a nice blue might have to do. Wheels will go black.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Nice job, just dive right in there and make it yours.....

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
WOW,that bike is in great shape.........congrats

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
congrat's on the bike

·
Registered
586 Posts
way to start nice and small. of all the 20ish year olds i know, i doubt if any would have the balls to ride a 250. way to go mang!!!

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
!

Thanks all :banana < smiley is awesome!

vervius said:
way to start nice and small. of all the 20ish year olds i know, i doubt if any would have the balls to ride a 250. way to go mang!!!
Yeah, I would much rather learn all there is to learn on this.. and be able to learn everything it can physically do, then move up, instead of messing with a bike that is too big. I almost got a kawi zx-6 a while ago, but it was too expensive, and im glad just because I feel much more in control with this.

I actually just rode it this evening for the first time.. feels great. Hopefully in about a month, if I can wait that long and not buy it sooner, I'll have everything I still need (insurance, plate, jacket, helmet), then I can do some early 4am-6am rides around just to get used to it before the weekend crazies come out.

Until then, I am going to attempt to take off the wheels and paint them. Only hard part will be lifting it up, but sure I can rig up a way to do it. Im also wondering if a 500 front end would fit with just little modification.

I still need to get a manual for it, but when I have the rear wheel off, if there isnt much more to it, I may just have to take off the rear swingarm and sand it, get it all clean, and give it a few more coats of silver, since I'll be going with a blue/black/silver theme.

OH yeah... Frame sliders, i wanna put them on just in case. I see many of them on ebay, anyone know how long they would have to be to keep vitals from getting scratched? Im sure i could find somewhere to mount them. But I dont want ones that are too long sticking out.

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
I don't think anyone makes sliders for a 250... I could be wrong but I've never seem them before. I don't even know where you would mount it if you decided to fabricate a spot for them, which I wouldn't recommend.

·
20,852 Posts
hehehe...a custom paint job is always nice. Before I got rid of my Katana and got my Triumph I was going to have it painted in either metallic flake or the color changing paint.

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
Haha a cameloen katana, that would be funny. I saw a lexus SUV that was painted like that a couple weeks ago... made me go "WTF?????? NO!"

·
20,852 Posts
Spike said:
Haha a cameloen katana, that would be funny. I saw a lexus SUV that was painted like that a couple weeks ago... made me go "WTF?????? NO!"

:eek:nfloor hehehehe...now I got the Silver Bullet. I actually had a guy that was going to paint it for free...was just going to cost the paint.

·
2000 VTR1000 Superhawk
3,248 Posts
Congrats! My first bike was a Ninja 250.... Awesome starter bike.. enjoy and be safe!

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
OFFICER737 said:
:eek:nfloor hehehehe...now I got the Silver Bullet. I actually had a guy that was going to paint it for free...was just going to cost the paint.
You do that shit to the triumph and me and you are gonna have a good old fashing Jamaican stink fight.... *whisper* and I would win....

·
WTF guy
878 Posts
Pyromaniac from this board just sold me his 2000 Ninja 250, ordered up all my gear and he is giving me some refresher courses in emergency drills but I should be up and riding by the end of the month! Even though I do have dirt experience I still wanted to start small. With experience comes confidence and I feel that the Ninja 250 experience will do me a world of good in the coming years of riding.

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
It's a good way to go

1 - 20 of 141 Posts