Sport Bikes banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
taziscool said:
Assuming 2k for the bike insurance.........IMHO there is no bike built worth spending that kinda coin just to ride!
Almost 3k a year, actually its like 2700 I believe. Actually, the bike is only 1k to ride, the truck is 1700 a year. Odd how things work. I guess the v8 and 4x4 raise the rates, but its also 10 years old? :dunno

Congrats on a great bike. Good luck and take it slow. I love the older F4i's and just might have one (in like a year :) )

About the parking situation, if you work at a big place, get in good with management and park it in the building's warehouse. If you aren't that lucky, many chains, locks of all sorts, tracking devices, alarms, and covers, up near the store windows where traffic is busy. After that if you are still nervous about it all day, just leave it at home and enjoy her company after you get home.

Phly6 said:
I can provide the link for the tracking software if anyone is interested.
Please do.

About wearing gloves. I got most of my gear (Leather jacket, gloves, helment, boots) a month ago and I've been wearing my gloves while I drive the car around. They've been breaking in nicely and when I take delivery on my bike (ex250) about 2 weeks I think they'll be really comfortable.

Ok, heres the link. http://www.accutracking.com/ This is the one i use. Please keep in mind that to use this you must have data transfer as part of your plan. I've found that it will connect to the satelites without having data transfer on your phone so you can just leave the program running in the background and if anything bad should happen you can just call up nextel and activate it and you should be able to track it. I thought i should also throw this in my post. http://www.cycletrak.com/ This seems to be a very reliable alternative if you dont have a gps phone or if money just happens to grow on trees for you. I think I'll probably get this soon just for the extra piece of mind. The only thing holding me back is the price. It's a bit expensive but I guess its a lot cheaper then a whole new bike. It's a bike alarm along with some pretty advanced gps. It has geo-fencing which i think means if your bike goes out of a certian boundry it automaticly notifies the police. Anyway it costs about $500 then an activation fee and i think $60 a year. Take a look for yourself and G/L with the bike. Keep us posted :headbang

My god... I can't imagine paying that kind of money for insurance. It was said earlier, but there is NO motorcycle made that would make me spend that kinda dime. Man it's great being 32.... LOW insurance ROCKS!!

You sound responsible enough, wear those gloves. Whats the natural reaction when calling? Ans: Breaking your fall with your hands, you'll get used to them once you get more seat time. Good luck, be safe.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.