Sport Bikes banner

My experiences as a newbie

2K views 25 replies 16 participants last post by  Lok 
Honestly dude, you need to get those gloves on NOW. There was a poll on this forum a while back if I remember right that asked "What one piece of gear (besides a helmet) would you go with if you could only pick one" the overwhelming majority picked gloves. Riding without gloves is dangerous in way too many ways. Also, I'd highly suggest picking up AT LEAST a leather jacket, because that mesh jacket isn't going to do anything except make a pretty design in your flesh as your skin peels off on the roadway!

Truck said:
I have been looking at the Alpinestars Stunt jackets, I think I may pick one up when I get paid again. I had planned on replacing the mesh with leather when money permitted.
Good stuff, also I see we have similar taste in trucks, mine isn't a Z71, just a 2WD ext cab, but I like it, and my bike likes it too!

Truck said:
Question for you guys. Ultimately, I'd like to ride it to work, but I work retail, so the parking lot naturally has people all day in and out of it. What kind of security do you guys or girls use to lock the bike up. I've been looking at disk locks.
Short of tying it to a telephone pole you can put all the locks you want on it, if someone wants to steal it they are gonna steal it. Four guys + 2 bars + truck = 30 seconds to steal your bike, it's sad, but it happens. The only security you have is leaving it locked in your garage, I say drive the truck to work, but it's up to you. If you are going to drive it to work, make sure you get theft insurance on it. I guess a motion activated alarm might help, at least then it will make noise as it hauls ass off in the back of a pickup :dunno

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.