Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To anyone that read my other thread about the Z6 (http://forums.sportbikes.net/forums/showthread.php?t=282069), I had some questions about the initial handling of them, prior to being really scrubbed in. Well, because of really shitty weather, I've only been able to put a couple of hundred kilometres on them so far, but man, am I in love!!! Maybe it's just because my old tires (BT010's) were too worn (front was shot, rear had a little life left in it, but was somewhat squared off), but these things are awesome. They lean into turns super fast, and once leaned in, are very confidence inspiring. They just feel like they're not going anywhere. After a few laps through some of the local twisties to get used to them, I instantly started taking some of them faster than I have before. I just feel so much more "secure" when leaned into a turn sweeping through at high speed.

Anyway, I'm extremely happy with them for grip and handling. Now to determine how they are for lifespan. Let's see how many kms they can get... :banana

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
I had just a tad under 10,000 miles on my last rear when I put a new one on.I have over 10,000 miles on my front and it's still going strong.

I'll go take a pic and be right back...........

There's around 12,000 on this front and around 2,000 on this rear.

Attachments

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
The Z6 is going to be my next rear tire. I am going to stick the the M1 for the front. M1 a little too soft for the amount of time that I spend on the hwy. Glad to hear that you like them so far. Keep the reports comming!

·
They call me a ride whore
1,387 Posts
Glad to hear your happy with them :) The Z6 is really a great all around tire.... positive traction and long mileage life. I got 13,000 out of my Z6 rear so I was plenty happy with that, and never once had any problems with it breaking loose or anything. Although I tried the Sportec M1 this time, I highly doubt I'll get anywhere near that mileage. Next tire will most likely be another Z6

·
Registered
488 Posts
:cheers congrats :).. cant wait till my stock tires go so i can buy some sick new ones..

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I was getting around 8-9k miles on the Z6's on my gsxr750

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
i love my z-6's and i WILL buy it again for my next tire.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts