1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Glad to hear that your little girl has such a positive attitude during a bad time. It really says a lot about her character. I hope she heals quick and has a 100% recovery.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Awesome to hear about your little one hope she is back on the pony quickly.

How old was she when she started? My daughter is now 6 and I have been trying her out on the fiddy but she seems to be too scared and timid for it. Got any tips on how to get her goin on it. I am a bit of a maniac and she sees me ride and loves to watch daddy crash so I dont know why she is so scared on the thing. I even take her for bike rides on the back of the bike and she digs the hell out of that. I am lost !

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't know what to tell you...my daughter started this winter on the ice. When she is out there she is just a little machine...round and round and round....well you get the idea. :)
I think the biggest reason she wants to do it is because her Mom does...my son has very little interest in it...some but he doesn't want to have to earn it (he's 12).

Maybe if you have a little bike that you could ride with her on, it might help. It will make her feel more secure. In the end, just give her time...then again it may not be her thing....yet.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yeah my 3 year old son busts ass on the little bikes more then my 6 year old daughter. They both come to my stunt shows and watch. I am beginning to think that either they are into it or they are not. Cant really force it on them I guess. Do you do the ice racing out on koshkonog? (SP?) If so I believe I may have met ya out there last year. Then again maybe not.

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No those are the guys with talent...we just screw around!! :eek:nfloor
We are usually on the Delavan inlet or Silver Lake (by Abell's Corners outside of Elkhorn).

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
The hardest thing of all in life-
The conquest not of time and space,
But of ourselves, of our stupidity and inertia,
Of our greediness and touchiness,
Of our fear and intolerant dogmatism.

Itching for what you want doesn't do much
good; you've got to scratch for it.

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MilTownTiller said:
LOL we do shows during the races out in koshkonog. Pretty fun rippin up the ice. Maybe we can come to the place you guys ride also
Yeah there is nothing like the ice...other than the freaking cold, it is my favorite place to ride...I am "invincible" on the ice!!! :lao
Did you guys get the studding figured out? We have a couple of guys who do an OUTSTANDING job, but I am sure you guys are already on your way. I tried to give Ryan (VMC) some pointers, but of course he had his ears closed...but that's Ryan! :)
Here are a couple of us out on the minis in Delavan...Mike chasing me around a turn and then him having a blast in the slush. ooooo....they have a radar run every year...now that would be entertaining...if you guys have good tires that could hook up.... :lol Now that's what I'm talking about...
My little YZ80 topped out at 61mph...that's through drifts and ruts too!!! Next year I'm going to put the "naughty sprocket" back on her and try it...

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
Sweet! Yeah we figured out the studding. And yeah Ryan is in his own planet when it comes to stunting. Ryan is an extremely talented rider on the cement, but I am sure he could learn something from ice riders. The guys on koshkonog helped us a great deal getting set up. I am gonna try snowmobile spikes next year. I seen guys in europe racing road courses on ice with the spikes in.Maybe that will help with stoppies and other things. I also wanna try my hand at the ice racing next year, both on a dirt bike and a street bike if I can get it set up to corner. :cheers

·
Registered
156 Posts
ZXXX6RN said:
The hardest thing of all in life-
The conquest not of time and space,
But of ourselves, of our stupidity and inertia,
Of our greediness and touchiness,
Of our fear and intolerant dogmatism.

Itching for what you want doesn't do much
good; you've got to scratch for it.
lol i think ive done to much scratching, I seem to have caused a skin irritation :lao :neener

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well for the dirtbikes, Jeff Fredette knows his shit!!!!
http://www.frpoffroad.com/

Pricey for "dirtbike tires" but SO WELL WORTH THE MONEY!!!! There's also a guy named Andy Fenwick in northern WI that does a great job studding too. Hawker has his info though. There is an art to this ice tire business..you wanna stick? Go to these guys and you will stick!!!! Fast service, reliable, excellent customer service and incredible product!!! In fact I did my one and only "stoppie" on the ice with Fredette's tire on the front of my YZ80....call them when the time comes. you won't be disappointed, I promise...Maybe they can get your streetbike to stick too...it's worth the time to talk to them.

·
Registered
156 Posts
blndebmbr said:
Well for the dirtbikes, Jeff Fredette knows his shit!!!!
http://www.frpoffroad.com/

Pricey for "dirtbike tires" but SO WELL WORTH THE MONEY!!!! There's also a guy named Andy Fenwick in northern WI that does a great job studding too. Hawker has his info though. There is an art to this ice tire business..you wanna stick? Go to these guys and you will stick!!!! Fast service, reliable, excellent customer service and incredible product!!! In fact I did my one and only "stoppie" on the ice with Fredette's tire on the front of my YZ80....call them when the time comes. you won't be disappointed, I promise...Maybe they can get your streetbike to stick too...it's worth the time to talk to them.

Will do! thank you for the help and suggestions :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts