Sport Bikes banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He just bought a Kawi Valcan(sp)1600. It is a 2003 he paid $3,000 cash. The bike is like new not a scratch my neighbor owned it and never rode it. The milage is only 2,000. He is building another chopper at the shop but he wanted some thing to ride. He called me up and asked if that was a good deal. I told him if he did not buy it I was going down in a few min and going to buy it. Now I got my old riding buddy back.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hams51 said:
Damn good price! That's awesome that you go riding with your father.
Thanks we have always rode together since I was 5 I had my first bike and rode on the back of his. He sold his last bike to build a chopper from the ground up. We are still working on it but it was not the same not haveing him on my side when I went riding. We would always leave the shop when we needed a break and go ride. I got shit for a while for haveing a rocket but he said as long as I am riidning.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
dennisred69 said:
Now I got my old riding buddy back.
My Dad is my best friend and my riding buddy. I know what a special bond you can have with your Dad. We take 1 week a year to head to the mountains of Georgia and North Carolina and spend time together. Those are the memories I will remember forever!

All right enough sappy stuff :bitchslap ! How bout them bears!!!!

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
sounds like your dad got a deal

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
Good deal all the way around man.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
That is a crazy good deal.
Good for your dad,but that bike is worth a lot more money.
Did the guy just not know what they're worth or what?
The big cruisers hold resale value pretty good.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
That's cool Dennis.I just found out today my father bought a bike recently.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
coolatula said:
That is a crazy good deal.
Good for your dad,but that bike is worth a lot more money.
Did the guy just not know what they're worth or what?
The big cruisers hold resale value pretty good.
I'm not sure why he sold it so cheap. I guess it's because every one where I live rides Harleys. I am not kidding. He probably did not know any one who wanted to buy it. I am just guessing of corse. He never rode it any way.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Great deal, vulcans are great cruisers! My dad is looking for a bike himself because he wants to start riding with me. He used to ride but quit several years ago.

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
I have been trying to get my dad to buy a bike (he used to ride, and i didn't find that out until I got my bike, Mom was/is against it) and I have offered to buy him a bike and he keeps turning me down. I think it's because of mom. He races Gokarts, yea, the fast kind, and I am sure that he would love a bike. I think that I am going to buy him one to ride. Ahh, if he dosen't like I will sell it.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
+1 on the deal.

I wish I could still ride with my Dad. He was the one that got me into bikes in the first place. But he has developed an inner ear problem that messes with his equilibrium, so he can't be on a bike. :( But now he's getting into taking bike motors and stuffing um into Karts. He says it's about as close as he can get to being back on a bike and + it has the torque and the Hp that he loves so much! :cheers

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks guys. I just took it for a ride and it is nice. They are very comfy. I may have to go buy one now. I know I'm not going to find a deal like he did but I'll look. I have nothing but time since I already have a bike and won't buy till I see what I want.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
That's good shit, I wish my Dad rode. He drag raced for allot of his life but never really got into bikes. You got good bro, enjoy the good times.

·
Registered
424 Posts
You guys that ride with your dad are lucky. My dad has a Harley(so does my mom) and I never ride with him. It seems like the older I get, the more of a prick my dad has become. I like him less and less as a person as time goes on. Kinda sad really. Now all he wants to do is tell me how to live my life and is constantly telling me what mistakes he thinks I'm making. Oh well, enjoy it while you can guys.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Camride said:
You guys that ride with your dad are lucky. My dad has a Harley(so does my mom) and I never ride with him. It seems like the older I get, the more of a prick my dad has become. I like him less and less as a person as time goes on. Kinda sad really. Now all he wants to do is tell me how to live my life and is constantly telling me what mistakes he thinks I'm making. Oh well, enjoy it while you can guys.
Sorry to hear that dude, I wish things could be better for you.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts