Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I make things happen
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished polishing my wheels the other night so I thought I would post some pics.

Attachments

·
Autobots! Roll Out!
2,061 Posts
Looks good man! I want to polish my frame do to my recent lowslide, got a few surface scratches in the paint I want to get rid of, and polishing looks good. Any tips?

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Nice bike, but lose the red barends. This is just my opinion but I think they make the bike look tacky. Other than that, nice bike!

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
looks good too me

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Looks good, eh the bike would look a little better without barends.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Different strokes for different folks.

Looks good, over the winter we may be polishing a friends frame and wheels.

Was it difficult?

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
Wow! Check out that cool submarine moored in the back yard! :eek:

You gotta paint U-571 on it or something...
And make the pics a little b*****.

·
I make things happen
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the compliments, i'll be getting anti-vib bar ends in later this month to replace the red ones. the polishing wasn't hard just to too long. my advice to anyone who wants it done: let someone else do it for you.

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
firefighter81 said:
Nice bike, but lose the red barends. This is just my opinion but I think they make the bike look tacky. Other than that, nice bike!
+1 bike is sweet otherwise but if you like the red barends then keep 'em caus eit's yours..... :cool:

·
Registered
456 Posts
when i did my F3 wheels it took me a total of 24 hours give or take. i sanded mine down and then went up. most ppl just strip i sanded and with sanding they come out alot better but it is alot of work. you start with 150 then go up the ladder up to 2000 wet.

·
I make things happen
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The wheels took a total of six hours to polish. I did have to take them off to do it a lot quicker, if they were on the bike it would have been a pain in the ass.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts