Sport Bikes banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to Buttonwillow raceway this last Saturday for a track day and ended up on the wrong side of the envelope I was pushing. Low side at about 65-70 mph and slid off the track.

I messed up my right shoulder and left hand but shouldn't be anything permanent. Going to be hanging out on ebay for the next week or two looking for parts.

If you want the longer version of the story:

http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/showthread.php?t=286061

...but in a nut shell I went from feeling like this :grinbounc : to feeling like this :urowned in a few seconds.

Attachments

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
Never a fun time. Learn from it and move on. Hope it won't cost too much $$$.

·
DARK ANGEL
285 Posts
Bikes and women come and go.... injuries stay. Glad your ok man Live and Learn! And also grinding the pipe might have taken weight off the rear.. hang off the bike aq bit more get that knee down.. might help ya out. Never give up though!

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the feedback...it helps my recently damaged ego!

yeah, the fact that I wasn't seriously hurt means a little more now than it did right after the crash. Right after the crash I was dealing with anger management (that and wondering if I had a concussion) as I looked at my thrashed bike but looking back I definitely could have been injured more than I was.

I don't think I will ever know for sure if I took weight of the rear by draggin the pipe or was just too generious with the throttle, but in the end I think it does come down to hanging off the bike more. If I had more weight to the inside of the corner I wouldn't need to be leaned over as much as I was. Hopefully lesson learned...and your right Randy...no giving up!

·
Registered
415 Posts
glad you're ok.....better luck next time :cheers

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
glad you are alright, hope you get the bike fixed soon.

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
Glad you're ok!

Bike doesn't look THAT bad for the speed you went down at. Definitely would have been worse had it happened on the streets... probably you and the bike.

Get her fixed up and hit that track again!

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
What's the status w/ ins. company? Will they cover damages since it was on a track? I know in MA the law is uber-sketch when it comes to track events (that's why my F4i is staying away).

·
Registered
278 Posts
Glad to see your allright

I did the same to my ducky this year.....Im still picking out the kitty litter :cry

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
mikem317 said:
What's the status w/ ins. company? Will they cover damages since it was on a track? I know in MA the law is uber-sketch when it comes to track events (that's why my F4i is staying away).
I don't have full coverage, but even if I did I believe it is NOT covered on the track. I really think that if you can control yourself and not try to push it too hard the track can be a great place to improve your street skills. But I emphasize self-control because if you really get caught up in trying to really improve your lap times I think the risk of a crash goes up considerably.

I defintely do think both my bike and I came out alright for going down at 65-70. But my shoulder still hurts like a bitch!

·
1st name basis with Death
2,350 Posts
Welcome to the men's club Red!!! Now cowboy the fuck up, get some duct tape, zip ties, and put that thing back out there!!! :2devil :headbang

(i know.... it sucks!!! been there a few times myself!!! glad to see you're ok!!!) :beer

·
Registered
646 Posts
(reminds self the necessity of race plastics)

glad you're ok!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts