Sport Bikes banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my corbin today in the mail. I had some difficulty getting it on but after a few minutes I did manage to get it on without the washers. First impression is it is very firm and I don't slide forward very much. I only had about 5 minutes on the seat so will keep you posted.

Tim

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Costs less in gas to simply park the bike in the livingroom and watch your soaps sitting on it.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Binary Jay said:
Costs less in gas to simply park the bike in the livingroom and watch your soaps sitting on it.
LMFAO...that's good idea. :eek:nfloor

I suppose a large fan in front of the bike would serve to simulate the environment a bit better too. Watching Days of Our Lives...sitting on the fizzz, fan blowing....making "brrooom, brrooom" sounds. Fascinating....

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You guys are to much! My commute is 25 miles one way to the office so it will be nice to see how things feel after that ride.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Well, I can summarize my experience with my Corbin so far. With the stock seat, the bike literally became unbearable to sit on after about 5 hours (with breaks)- I'd squirm like a mofo on the final leg of the trip heading home. I sometimes get the same way when driving the cage for that length of time. I can now go for longer runs on the Corbin with some soreness, but NOTHING like before. I expect this will improve as it breaks in more. I slide around a bit more when wearing jeans, but with riding pants on, it's good to go.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did notice alot of slide wearing jeans. Since I ride in jeans 99 percent of the time I am hoping this will go away over time.

·
Respect My Authority!
574 Posts
huffti said:
I did notice alot of slide wearing jeans. Since I ride in jeans 99 percent of the time I am hoping this will go away over time.
Jeans are much better than my Joe Rocket Phoenix pants. I slide all over with them. The Corbin is good all day long. I have 350 + mile days without a problem. The biggest lesson I have learned is to wear boxer briefs when riding because the seams don't dig in at critical points like other types.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I want my seat :( ordered it up and waiting on its arrival. My bike got blessed on sunday when I got out there for the ride aterwards I spent most of it shifting around on my seat. I really think its getting worse as it goes along. Please corbin come and save me!

·
Registered
245 Posts
You guys may have what I call the iron butt, I did the mod with the gel pad in my seat and yeah now I can put more miles on it, but after 5 hours my butt hurts, no matter what, it is not as much as b4, but still. I try a combination of bicycle short (with padding) and the gel pad, and naaaaa, still hurts. Do not get me wrong I can put 300 miles on it in a day but I dont want to see the bike next day. I sat on a friend of mine corbin seat and that thing was firm like a piece of plywood. So when I am taking about seat, I think I may need something as comfortable as a cruiser seat for instance I tried the Boulevar c50 and the seat was great, that is what I need for my seat. I also tried the aprilia futura 1000 and the seat is extra confy, that was really good it was like a huge firm gel pad, really nice.
Still love my fz6

·
Registered
251 Posts
I was half-looking for gel bike shorts this past weekend to see what, if any, difference they made. Oddly enough, The Sports Authority in my neighborhood didn't have them...they only had ones with non-gel padding. I imagine sitting on my ass all day in an office doesn't help matters much or the 11 years of truck driving before that, lol. At least I can wring some more hours out of it now.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Where are the pics of the new seat? :needpics

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update:Seat

Well I am somewhat disappointed in my new corbin seat. They did the nose job on the seat and all that keeps happening is I keep sliding into the tank and crunching my n*ts. With all the sliding forward on the seat my wrists are really sore at the moment as I am trying to keep myself from slipping forward when I slow down, coming to a stop in a turn etc. Also what I am finding is if I sit back in the saddle portion I can't comfortable reach the handlebars, I have no extra play in my arms and makes riding a little uncomfortable.
I called corbin to see what they can do and awaiting a call back. Typically they don't take back the seat.When they do the nose job I guess the seat pan is altered so it can't be set up as standard seat. I am wondering if the standard offered seat would help or not.
Do you guys sit in the back half of the seat or up against the tank?
If for some reason corbin doesn't work something out with me I have no choice but put a 3 day old corbin up for sale. I have the original box and will ship it in the one it came with.

·
Registered
245 Posts
UFOFZ6, I got the same problem, I never seat on the back of the seat, my arms feel uncomfortable, like you said you have not play on your arms, therefore I pretty much seat at the front of the seat. Reviews like this one is what scares me about getting any seat over $300, if I happend to spend $300 or more in a seat I hope that I'll be siting in a feathers pillow or something like that, but paying that much and your ass still sore, no go with me. I hope someone design a seat afordable and confy, so my ass stop complaining.

·
Registered
149 Posts
It's the flat black carbon fiber material. It's hard to tell how slick it's going to be, because they polished it up before they mounted it on the bike and I haven't had a lot of riding time on it to wear it off. It seemed to get better the more I rode it. It's still a reach to the bars when I'm all the way back. I've got 1" risers coming, that should help that problem. Way more comfort than the stocker.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I sent my seat back to corbin on friday. They stated you cannot return the seat all sales are final which absolutely pisses me off. But they are going to try to re-work it and send it back. If this doesn't work, I am going to put it up for sale.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts