Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was riding with my group in Eustis, FL...and a blue pickup truck was tailgating the back of the front pack...i move up to pass (legally) and im not speeding...this happens...no signal, just a brake hard and turn...my closest call in a while.

Close call Ocala - YouTube

·
Habitual line-stepper
11,594 Posts
That's why you always signal before you pass, and flash your brights before you do as well. They guy might have flipped on a signal or waited for you to pass before turning if he saw you do that.

Or not.

But it wouldn't have hurt.

(and yes, I realize you may have done both of these things- there's no way to tell in the video).

Generally I am very hesitant to pass people on single lane roads because of stuff like this.... even when in a car. I just don't trust people around here to behave rationally....

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's why you always signal before you pass, and flash your brights before you do as well. They guy might have flipped on a signal or waited for you to pass before turning if he saw you do that.

Or not.

(and yes, I realize you may have done both of these things- there's no way to tell in the video).

Generally I am very hesitant to pass people on single lane roads because of stuff like this.... even when in a car. I just don't trust people around here to behave rationally....
I did signal my intention to pass on the right with turn signals....BUT i never thought to flash my Highs...ill def start doing that from now on..

·
Live to ride
12,017 Posts
looks like you need some more practice reading traffic and where you are on the road.
You were closing on the truck pretty quick and coming to a corner, not an ideal time to attempt a pass.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
looks like you need some more practice reading traffic and where you are on the road.
You were closing on the truck pretty quick and coming to a corner, not an ideal time to attempt a pass.
not speeding..i believe the speed limit was 45 on that road and i was going maybe 30 (waiting for my gf to catch up)..and this section of the road was a pretty decent straight away....at the least he should have signaled his intention to turn..if he did, this post wouldnt exist

·
Live to ride
12,017 Posts
not speeding..i believe the speed limit was 45 on that road and i was going maybe 30 (waiting for my gf to catch up)..and this section of the road was a pretty decent straight away....at the least he should have signaled his intention to turn..if he did, this post wouldnt exist
Rule number 1
Person making pass needs to make sure it is safe.

As i previously stated learn to read traffic better. He was on the left edge of the lane coming up to a corner, and it appears that there was a BIG Green sign signifying something to turn left for.

Reactions: knonfs

·
Registered
1,871 Posts

Or not.

That's b/c you live in raleigh. I'm my experiences there worst then ilm.

Nice job bud. Plenty of things could have gone wrong. I'm guessing the front locked up. Nice job keeping the rubber side down. Glad your ok.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Textbook dick maneuver by the truck driver. I don't see you as being in the wrong there and thought you thought well on your feet to cut right. Congrats on being alive and not going to jail for shooting the cocksucker.

·
Shop Smart, Shop S-Mart!
1,135 Posts
Glad you didn't wreck and get hurt.

What did you mean though by "blue pickup truck was tailgating the back of the front pack", I didn't notice any tailgaiting, unless it took place before that section of the video.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Glad you didn't wreck and get hurt.

What did you mean though by "blue pickup truck was tailgating the back of the front pack", I didn't notice any tailgaiting, unless it took place before that section of the video.
ya sorry...earlier in the video he was tailgating my motorcycle group bad....when what you saw in the video happened the pack was out of view because of the truck.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts